Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

What addons are you using ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
what kind of addons are you all using for archicad 10?
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
Chris wrote:
~/archiben wrote:
cadimage door and window builder. because the GS doors and windows are rubbish.
Pretty much brand new AC user here but I'm working on getting things set up for projects now - what about the GS doors and windows have you found to be rubbish-y and what benefits does the cadimage tool have?

I ask because I don't want to spend loads of time setting up the default doors and windows then finding them too limited but neither do I want to purchase additional software if it's really not needed.

thanks!
The doors and windows can be pretty good if they suit your practice. They are too complex and can break in mysterious ways. I suggest you try them out to see if they work for you. The Cadimage DW Builder can be very good but it takes a bit of work to get used to. Some like it others don't. Also if you become dependent on add-ons you should plan a delay (maybe just a small one) before upgrading to each new version of ArchiCAD to give the add-on guys time to catch up.

Some like the DDGI Smart Parts (available from objectsonline.com) They have the advantage of not depending on an add-on.

Also, I believe that Andy Thomson is putting together a new North American library (well US and Canada at least - I'm not sure if there is anything especially mexican in it). I haven't heard when it will be available - but maybe soon if Andy hasn't decided to catch up on his 1000+ hour sleep deficit. If you haven't already you should check out his website: www.archicad.ca/
Anonymous
Not applicable
Chris wrote:
~/archiben wrote:
cadimage door and window builder. because the GS doors and windows are rubbish.
Pretty much brand new AC user here but I'm working on getting things set up for projects now - what about the GS doors and windows have you found to be rubbish-y and what benefits does the cadimage tool have?

I ask because I don't want to spend loads of time setting up the default doors and windows then finding them too limited but neither do I want to purchase additional software if it's really not needed.

thanks!
Chris

The main advantage I think it has over standard doors and windows is that it is all done with one object. You don't have to change to a different object to get side hung, top hung, double, sliding, casement, sash, louvres, curtain wall etc. One object does the lot.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Cadimage Door and Window Builder (used this and have never looked back)

Cadimage Accessories (wall / slab / roof) (love this tool)

Cadimage Site and Massing tools rarely