Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Wibu Key Also Not Responding

Seiss Wagner
Participant
My operating system, Mac OS 10.4.8 corrupted yesterday. Apple tech support resolved the issue by having me remove the system library, the user library, the user preference folder and then re-start the machine.

Of course ArchCAD would not load into working mode because it was missing its Wibu key preferences. I then downloaded from Graphisoft the latest Wibu dirver for Mac and Mactel and allowed the system to rebuild its preferences.

The Wibu key is now recognized by AC10, but not by AC 9, 8, or 7. Unfortunately, I presently have several major projects I am fininshing in AC 9 with deadlines pending. Newer projects I have started in AC 10 seem to be just fine. I also have many projects in 7 that I have not yet archived. I also have AC 8, but I passed, staying in AC 7 until AC 9 was released.

Any ideas why only AC 10 is reading the key and not AC 9, 8, or 7, and what do I do to get these versions to recognize the key? I tried looking at the AC 9 install disc for the native Wibu drivers and went as far as "Custom Install" before canceling.

I would rather not re-install AC 9 and the other versions of the application because of the various updates that would also need to be installed and also because of the general nuisance of it.

I have not discarded the "Old Preference" folder, I simply renamed it. But of the hundereds of files it contains, I don't know which ones are associated with AC 9 and the Wibu key, although, it should make no differeance as AC 10 rebuilt its preferences on being loaded and is reading the key just fine .

Any suggestions would help.

Thanks
ArchiCad 21 / OS X 10.13.5 /
iMac 3.2GHz i5 - 32GB /AMD Radeon R9 M390 - 2048 MB/
Dual 5K - 27" Displays
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Seiss Wagner

I am on Mactel and was just about to update to AC10. I will hold until all of these are cleared.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Seiss Wagner

I am on Mactel and was just about to update to AC10. I will hold until all of these are cleared.
Seiss Wagner
Participant
ADALBERT - et al.

Here is the Graphisoft response:

The workaround until WIBU fixes this problem is to install the respective driver for the version of AC you want to run.

For AC9, use the 5.0.1 wibu driver for OSX. For AC10, use the Intel specific 5.10.502 wibu driver version.

I have a folder containing both of these drivers, and simply install the desired driver (overwriting the previous one) when I need to use the other AC version.

You can not run both version simultaneously on Mactel.

I have uploaded these files to our ftp.graphisoftus.com ftp site under:

DL's/un-filed DL's/WIBU/

WibuKey_AC9.dmg.zip and WkRuntimeUser_5.10.502.dmg.zip

MY RESPONSE, simply stated:

Wibu driver 5.0.1 will authentic all versions of ArchiCAD running the G5, G4, & G3 processor.

Wibu driver 5.10b will authentic ONLY ArchiCAD 10 running the G5, G4, & G3 processor, or a Mactel.

My only complaint now is why Graphisoft can't get the versions staight. For the Graphisoft web site it is Wibu version 5.10b, for Graphisoft tech support it is Wibu version 5.10.502.

No wonder I keep turning in circles 🙂
ArchiCad 21 / OS X 10.13.5 /
iMac 3.2GHz i5 - 32GB /AMD Radeon R9 M390 - 2048 MB/
Dual 5K - 27" Displays
__archiben
Booster
i thought that this issue had already been resolved?!

here's the GS WIBU support page...

http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/downloads/WIBU.html

does the intel driver still NOT do what it's supposed to?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Andy Thomson
Advisor
Still no resolution here? I just downloaded the 'WkRuntimeUser_5.10.502.dmg' on the GS main site - should I be looking for a version 5.10b? This is to run AC10 only on a mactel. 5.10.502 is supposed to be for the mactel...
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
Thomas Holm
Booster
andyro wrote:
Still no resolution here? I just downloaded the 'WkRuntimeUser_5.10.502.dmg' on the GS main site - should I be looking for a version 5.10b? This is to run AC10 only on a mactel. 5.10.502 is supposed to be for the mactel...
Andy, they are the same. And it IS the latest version, even on
http://www.wibu.de.

The trick to get it to work with both Archicad 10 AND Archicad 9 (but still not simultaneously open) is to use the Customize install option to install "classic support" (these are apparently needed for PPC programs running in Rosetta emulation, that is Archicad 9 and earlier).

The procedure to do this is detailed described here:
http://www.archicadwiki.com/TechNotes/Running_both_AC_10_and_AC_9_on_Intel_based_Macintosh?highlight...
And I think Karl ws the one who found it first?
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Andy Thomson
Advisor
Alles Klar.
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just putting the first of a few Mac Pros in place. Has this issue been resolved? That is, can AC10 and AC9 be run simultaneously on a Mac Pro yet?
Thomas Holm
Booster
Yes. THe current WIBU version (as of 2007-01-15) is 5.20.
Download from http://wibu.de./download_user.php

I've got 4 different Archicads running at the moment. Older versions than AC10 work in Rosetta emulation, since they are MacPPC only. It works as far back as Archicad 7 (they need to be MacOSX-enabled).

And, I don't know about the installers. I've made his work by copying complete program folders from working installations on a G4 Mac. The respective installers may not work on the Macintel. Just the AC10 installer is Macintel-enabled AFAIK.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1