Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Window Text/Ceilings/Steel Beams

Anonymous
Not applicable
1. Please find attached windows with associated text. Is there a way for the text size to remain, keep associated with window, but move text to be read more clearly?

2. I have a flat plasterboard ceiling at 2572mm which includes a raised ceiling in the centre of the room at 2872mm. Would this be constructed with the "Slab Tool"?

3. I require a 200 UB (Universal Beam), are there any steel beams in the standard ArchiCAD library or do I need to draw from scratch? If so, would this be with the "Beam Tool"?

Much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Lucia

WINDOW TEXT.jpg
14 REPLIES 14
Djordje
Virtuoso
Lucia wrote:
1. Please find attached windows with associated text. Is there a way for the text size to remain, keep associated with window, but move text to be read more clearly?
Play around with the window marker settings in the window settings dialog box
Lucia wrote:
2. I have a flat plasterboard ceiling at 2572mm which includes a raised ceiling in the centre of the room at 2872mm. Would this be constructed with the "Slab Tool"?
Yes it would. You can use walls for the vertical fascia of the bulkhead. Use appropriate layers (e.g. Ceiling? ) for it, so that it shows correctly in layer combinations, and don't forget the Display options for doors and windows!
Lucia wrote:
3. I require a 200 UB (Universal Beam), are there any steel beams in the standard ArchiCAD library or do I need to draw from scratch? If so, would this be with the "Beam Tool"?
It is there in the standard library, all the standard profiles are listed.

HTH.

Much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Lucia
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply.

1. I'm using the "Basic Window-Door Marker" it seems I can only change the text height and unable to relocate the text, as required.

2. The ceiling info was helpful and worked ok.

3. Thanks, UB's found!

YTH

Kind regards,
Lucia
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Lucia wrote:
Thanks for the reply.

1. I'm using the "Basic Window-Door Marker" it seems I can only change the text height and unable to relocate the text, as required.
You adjust the Marker position using the Dimension settings from within the Door or Window dialogue box. See attached screenshot
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Fuzzy

Thanks for your reply regarding the window text. That's exactly what I'm after, but......

I've attached a snap shot of the window/door settings, (ArchiCAD 8.1) I'm unable to gain access to "Custom Settings" and "Marker Custom Settings". Perhaps, you know of a way to access these?

I've also checked "Dimension Marker" but there are no settings to relocate text.

Thanks again

Kind regards,
Lucia
WINDOW DIMS.jpg
Erika Epstein
Booster
Lucia,
You might try the "Door Marker" and similar "Window Marker" options. These allow one to fully customize their appearance and access the settings you are after. I particularly like to check the "show editable hotspots" under "Marker Custom Settings". The editable hotspots allow you to move the different parts of the marker around while in the plan; y\ou can move elements independently of one another to accommodate the specific individual situations.

Hope this helps,
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
fuzzytnth3
Booster
In your screenshot the Dimension Marker tab looks like it will expand aren't the settings you are looking for in there?
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Erika

Thanks for your reply, I would love to use this option but the "Marker Custom Settings" is greyed out, so unable to gain access.

If you, or anyone else can inform me of how to access this, it would be a great help.

.......thanks in anticipation

Lucia
fuzzytnth3
Booster
I suspect what is wrong is that you don't have the ArchiCAD 81 library loaded and therefore the WD Marker object isn't available.

I found that the old ArchiCAD 7 marker doesn't work with ArchiCAD 8 so you have to have the ArchiCAD 81 library loaded

If you refer to the attached screenshot you will see that the Marker WD Marker is available in my pop-up list. If it isn't in yours then it is because that object isn't loaded in your libraries
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
fuzzytnth3
Booster
The Basic window marker doesn't give you access to modify the position of the text btw you definetely need to use the WD Marker
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL