Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Wireframe & Shading views in 3D

lesliepink
Participant
I'm using my F2, F3 keys to toggle back and forth btwn 2D and 3D, but when I'm in 3D my model is looking like wireframe, even though the shading button is selected.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it???

I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program, but that didn't help.
Thanks, Leslie
3 REPLIES 3
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Does this happen in one model, many models or does a new project work fine?

If only in a particular model, check the layer settings and make sure the layers are not set to wire frame.

If this happens in all projects I am wondering if your materials library is not loading properly or is corrupt. Possibly another program or anti-virus interfering with materials library connection?

HTH
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
My money is on layer settings.

Make sure your layers have solid model icons next to them instead of wireframe. Keep in mind that these are stored with each layer combo, so you may have to update them too.

Cheers,
Link.
lesliepink
Participant
It is happening on all models and I did check the layer thing. I thought that might be the problem too, but I went thru and double checked it.

The only thing I can think of now is that my video card cannot support the Open GL, b/c if I switch to internal, it shows shading, it's choppy, but shaded.

Thanks for your feedback, if you think of anything else, let me know, but I'm going to see about upgrading my video card and hopefully that will fix it.
Thanks, Leslie