Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

"Archicad cannot run on a terminal server client"

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have set up this cool device that allows me to use my main comupter in several different locations without having to buy several fully functioning computers.

I can then just hook up a second mouse, keyboard and monitor and wallah, I have a fully functioning computer working off my main machine but at a different location.

I have one of these set up near my plotter with the idea of printing from the separate secondary computer I set up there.

The problem is when I try to access Archicad, I get the following error message:

"Archicad cannot run on a terminal server client"

and I can only open up Archicad in Demo mode.

Is there anything I can do to get Archicad working in both locations without having to buy another expensive computer and another full version of Archicad (which would be a waste since I can only work on one at a time sine I'm a one man shop)?

Thanks in advance
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bingo on all fronts!

Thank you sir!
Anonymous
Not applicable
gkmethy wrote:
Archicad should work via terminal server, if there is a protection key available at the server. Are you using Windows Remote Desktop or something else?
Hello Gergely!
I hope you'll take the time to answer my question.
I've installed Windows 7 64bit, then I installed "Windows XP Mode" and configured my VirtualPC XP environment.
I managed to install ArchiCAD 10 and at the same time I read your statement about this version working seamlessly on Win7 with XPM... nice to read, but the matter is that when I start ArchiCAD 10 inside the XPM, I get told that it cannot be run on a terminal server client.
In relation to the license, I can tell you that I have regular "green" WIBU key, which I plugged into my PC and which I managed to install in this XP environment (when I go to the menu "USB" and connect the key, it is correctly shown in Hardware Manager in XPM).

Did I miss something?
Do I have to configure something?

Thanks in advance for your help.
F.
Anonymous
Not applicable