Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

2d electric objects

altruno
Newcomer
Are there a set of 2d (or 3d) electric objects (switches, outlets, fixtures) that will automatically align to a wall?
Archicad 21
Dell Precision 7510
i7 32 gb
Windows 10
amd firepro
8 REPLIES 8
Erich
Contributor
By automatically align, do you mean be part of a wall? If so, I do not know of any written that way. Otherwise, try these:

Electrigon
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
This is a great tool, unfortunately their link is broken, the object can no longer be downloaded. I have sent an e-mail to Andy Thompson to see if they plan to fix the link or make Electrogon available again. I will keep you posted if he responds.
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Andy got back with me pretty quick. He has given me permission to post it provided that the GPL license is respected and that credit is given to the authors.

So here you go:

Electrogon Designed by Andy Thomson & James Murray with Erich Karp, UI by Olivier Dentan and Others

This object is subject to GPL stipulations. You are free to modify the code, but under no circumstance can this be offered for sale, in whole or in part.

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html
Nicholas Cornia
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
altruno
Newcomer
Thanks a ton. That is a nice object. What I am hoping for is a 2d symbol (outlet or switch) what will automatically align perpendicular to the wall when placed. In other words, not have to rotate the object for the respective walls in a room.
Archicad 21
Dell Precision 7510
i7 32 gb
Windows 10
amd firepro
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Oh, I see. That would be incredibly handy and it has to be possible. Perhaps the object could be scripted like a door or window that it would automatically be placed on the wall and then you would click a second time to define which side of the wall it is to be placed on, just as the direction of a window or door is defined.

I do not know enough about GDL (yet) but I would think such an object could be made. Maybe someone else reading this has an idea?
Nicholas Cornia
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Erich
Contributor
Change your method of insertion, then the rotation can be done all in one go.
Screen shot 2011-04-26 at 12.48.11 PM.png
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
27" iMac Retina 5K
Erich
Contributor
NCornia,

Please post he Electrigon object(s), and associated agreement, in the depository to make them easier for folks to find.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
27" iMac Retina 5K
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Done: http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/object_depository.php?browse=Depository/16%20Electrical
Nicholas Cornia
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center