cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

3ds object will not import into Archicad 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the structure of a building modeled in rhino 4.0 that I need in Archicad.

Exporting from Rhino to 3DS seems fine, but when importing into Archicad 16 using the 3D Studio In INT addon, the GDL scipting of the object is blank and nothing appears in 2d or 3d, even though the popup message says "object has been newly created in embedded library." the size of the gsm file is 1kb.

I thought maybe Rhino was exporting a format that archicad didn't like, so I imported the file into sketchup 8 first, which opened fine. I then exported another 3DS file from the sketchup file, and then imported this new file into archicad. This time information appeared in the GDL script but a lot of the geometry was missing.

Everything is on the same layer, no hidden lines or meshes.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem before?

sketchup model.jpg
15 REPLIES 15
Eduardo Rolon
Mine has it
Screen Shot 2014-07-31 at 5.47.51 PM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

rob2218
Enthusiast
AHHH....I see (said the one-eyed man in the land of the blind).....you have AC18..I have AC17.
AC17 does not come with the SKP file merge special ability.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
rob2218 wrote:
AHHH....I see (said the one-eyed man in the land of the blind).....you have AC18..I have AC17.
AC17 does not come with the SKP file merge special ability.
Rob,

starting from AC17 the SketchUp I/O Add-On is built into ArchiCAD. Please check your Add-Ons folder (Import - Export) for the Add-On. If it is not there, run the ArchiCAD 17 installer, which will run in repair mode reinstalling all files. After that you will need to apply the latest update. Hopefully this will bring the Add-On back.

Just for the records, for older versions, the SketchUp Add-On was part of the Google Earth Connection Add-On: http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/addons/google_earth/ge_earth_connections_download.html

Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
rob2218
Enthusiast
thanks so much Marton!
I will try that.
didn't know SKP files were now a built-in part of AC17 and beyond!
......thanks for your quick responses.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
Anonymous
Not applicable
Milen from archicad Bulgaria asked me to install archicad 12 import filter.
what is this and is there a link to it.
Best
FJw
Karl Ottenstein
FJW,
The AC 12 3DS import add-on can be found by following the link to download "Goodies" in the AC 12 Help menu. (At least I assume that link will still work.)
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB