Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License outage
Dear Customers, We are facing with an outage in our services in Azure. You may experience issues with the Azure-based functions, like licensing, BIMcloud SaaS, Learn Portal. We are working hard on this issue to make it fixed as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

AC11: IE Marker

I'd just like to verify something before I embark on another GDL adventure...

It doesn't look like the Marker I want (see attached) is possible with the provided IE Markers in AC11 -- true? Typically, we will want to have one common Marker for each IE group, the Drawing ID being inherited from "The first placed drawing of the viewpoint" (all elevations of a room treated as a single drawing).

With the "One common Marker..." selected, the choices are limited to "Outer Text" and "Inner Text"; only with "Individually..." selected do you have the choice of "First Row Text" and "Second Row Text" (I do realize these are two different Marker objects). Am I missing a setting somewhere, or am I going to have to create my own Marker???

IE Marker.jpg
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
37 REPLIES 37
When modifying the Marker for my needs, I basically replaced the "First Row" of "Inner Text" as Tom suggested (plus I got rid of a bunch of stuff I didn't need and customized the Interface Script (see attached):
TomWaltz wrote:
The real magic:
	sInnerText1 = "<MARKERDRAWINGNUMBER_R>" + AC_DrawingGUID_1
	sInnerText2 =  "<MARKERSHEETNUMBER_R>" + AC_DrawingGUID_1
The Marker seems to reference the North or "Top" placed drawing first, followed by the East or "Right" if the North is missing, followed by the South if both North and East are missing, etc.
IE 4.jpg
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
TomWaltz
Participant
In case you want an interior elevation marker that tells you what all those AC_DrawingText variables are:
Tom Waltz
kevin b
Contributor
TomWaltz wrote:
Yeah, I noticed that. According to Tech Support, they could not find a good way to make a single marker with off-orthogonal views.
But that doesn't explain why it doesn't work with 2 or 3 orthogonal views. Seem like a bug to me.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
TomWaltz
Participant
kevin wrote:
TomWaltz wrote:
Yeah, I noticed that. According to Tech Support, they could not find a good way to make a single marker with off-orthogonal views.
But that doesn't explain why it doesn't work with 2 or 3 orthogonal views. Seem like a bug to me.
I thought so too, but GS claimed it was "by design"
Tom Waltz
kevin b
Contributor
Doesn't make sense, especially given that it looks like you can put in the rectangle, get all four views and 4 points on the marker and then select the individual line (or lines) for the views you don't need and delete them. The symbol then remains with only the remaining 2 or 3 views you want. IF the marker works with less than four, why can't it work just defining 2 or 3 to begin with instead of having to go back and delete. That smells like a bug to me.

I'll buy the couldn't figure out what to do for non-orthogonal views and/or more than 4, but if there's a workaround like I described, that's a bug in my book.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
TomWaltz
Participant
kevin wrote:
Doesn't make sense, especially given that it looks like you can put in the rectangle, get all four views and 4 points on the marker and then select the individual line (or lines) for the views you don't need and delete them. The symbol then remains with only the remaining 2 or 3 views you want. IF the marker works with less than four, why can't it work just defining 2 or 3 to begin with instead of having to go back and delete. That smells like a bug to me.

I'll buy the couldn't figure out what to do for non-orthogonal views and/or more than 4, but if there's a workaround like I described, that's a bug in my book.
Yeah, they thought counting to two involves the numbers 3 and 4 once in a while..

I also like the "Browse" button that cannot be activated.
Tom Waltz
Stress Co_
Advisor
kevin wrote:
Does it work? When I delete 2 views.... the IE Marker's inner text no longer shows the referenced layout number. Is this a bug... or do I need to adjust a setting??
The 2 views are on a layout sheet.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.5 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Stress wrote:
Does it work? When I delete 2 views.... the IE Marker's inner text no longer shows the referenced layout number. Is this a bug... or do I need to adjust a setting??
My experience is that when the top, always the top, view is turned off, the layID fails to resolve. I let them know. IEs are still very buggy IMO.

My workaround is to use multiple single-sided IEs with the markers stacked. Real convenient. I believe this is similar to the Tom Waltz pre-11 method.
James Murray

Archicad 27 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Stress Co_
Advisor
Thanks James.
I had not noticed, but your exactly right.
It only changes when the top view is deleted.
I switched to manually indicating the sheet #'s, but will try your (& Tom's?) workaround.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.5 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Not fixed in 1086.

You'd think a new tool that failed utterly in a plurality of cases would get more urgent attention.

Remind me, why should I upend my workflow every twelve months?

@#$%
James Murray

Archicad 27 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info