Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Adding window to Shipping Container Wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am working on a shipping container project for a new custom home and need to modify it to add windows and doors to the walls. The shipping container is a GDL made by Master Script. They did a a good job making it.

What is the best way to add windows and doors to the corrugated wall panels? even if I manage to turn the panel into Archicad wall, the corrugated panel will be made of short individual walls (as shown on the attached image), and a window can only belong to one wall at a time. Thanks.

Container Panel.jpg
2 REPLIES 2
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Cheikh T Sylla:

One option is to add a Wall that is the size of the Window or Door, use this Wall to SEO an opening in the Object to create the opening, then insert the desired Door or Window into this Wall. The Wall could be larger than the Door or Window if there is additional new construction needed to bridge the gap between the corrugated wall of the Object and the new Door or Window.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David,

Thank you for the idea.