Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Angled walls/ "Canted Wall" -editing + adding open

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having trouble with the canted wall (ac8.1). I'm not sure how widespread it is used, but i've found it has some potential, as you can trim it to roof.

The best way i've found to use itl is to access it through Extras>Accessories>Wall extras. This enables you to draw the wall as a polyline, then click which side it is tilting.

The first problem i'm having is adjusting it's height. I haven't worked out how to do it through the settings. In the 3D window, you can pull the top node up, but it wont actually change the object.

The other thing I cant do is add (or edit) openings. The default object shows a window and door, but I can't do anything with them! (ie stretch or delete them).

if anyone has a different approach to using angled walls (preferably with openings), i'd like to hear about them.

any help would be much appreciated!!

lochie+tim
13 REPLIES 13
LiHigh
Newcomer
You have to associate the Canted Wall Object to Archicad WALL.
Just selct the targeted WALL, then access Extras>Accessories>Wall extras.....
Howard Phua

Win 10, Archicad 19 INT
Anonymous
Not applicable
I may be doing something wrong, but when i associate it to a wall which, for instance has an opening in it, the new tilted wall object looks like it has the openings in it in plan, but in 3D, it is just a tilted wall with no openings.

can you confirm that?

cheers
LiHigh
Newcomer
Huh....ok, let me know of the steps (in detail) when creating the canted wall.
Howard Phua

Win 10, Archicad 19 INT
Djordje
Ace
andthen01 wrote:
I may be doing something wrong, but when i associate it to a wall which, for instance has an opening in it, the new tilted wall object looks like it has the openings in it in plan, but in 3D, it is just a tilted wall with no openings.
SHould not happen.

Post a screen shot of your settings and of what you get.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
here are my steps:
cant1.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
steps
cant2.jpg
Anonymous