cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Automatically select user entry parameter in object settings

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all.

I have two parameters in the object that need to work together.
The first is a boolean and the second is a user input.

What I'd like to happen is...in the object settings, the script should activate the input field of the second parameter if the user puts a check mark in the first parameter.

Scriptwise (making up words here), about the best way I can think to describe it is...

IF PARAMETER_1 THEN ACTIVATE PARAMETER_2

Anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks. Doug
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
There would be a few ways to script this.
But basically you could use (in the parameter script) ...
if PARAMETER_1 then
!!!do nothing
else
LOCK "PARAMETER_2"
HIDEPARAMETER "PARAMETER_2"
endif
So if your Boolean parameter is ON the other parameter will be available but if it is OFF the other parameter will be locked and/or hidden.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply Barry. I think understand your reply but I may not have explained my need quite right.

If I click the first parameter then I would like it to activate the input field of the second so that all I have to do is start typing in it's input field. Also, these are not the only parameters in this object so when the first is check marked it would have to tell the script which parameter to activate.

Clear as MUD??

Doug

Edit. Another way to put it. If I put a check in the first parameter the the cursor automatically jumps to the input field of the second parameter.
Barry Kelly
4thorns wrote:
Edit. Another way to put it. If I put a check in the first parameter the the cursor automatically jumps to the input field of the second parameter.
No you can't make the cursor jump to any particular field.
All you can do is hide or show the parameter in the parameter list as I showed or use IF/THEN statements in the interface script to show/hide the fields there.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Barry. Not a necessity obviously. Just thought it would be a handy little feature.

Doug