cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

BIM components problems

Mario Sacco
Expert
Bimcomponents

I'm the user https://bimcomponents.com/Profile/a5fe2bbc-2da9-47d8-977c-ad8417427b40.
I have some pending objects waiting for your approval, but I want to update them. I also updated an object, but you reported an error; now I don't see no more it, neither to update it or delete ot; if I try to download it again, you report me a conflict on MainGUID.
So I'd like to understand better which are my pending objects, and have the possibility to delete them from the list of pending objects.
Please can you delete all my pending objects?

I'm the developer of 3DMD Railing Tool, I hope you have opportunity to take a look at this problem. I have also send you a message without receive an answer. I'm planning to upload many other objects free and demo, so I'd like don't have problems.

I have already some problems to avoid error to xml converter that I can't verify until I upload the objects on your portal such us:
- an error is reported if I don't add a space after or before the symbol "<" and ">"; error not reported in gdl debugger; it means a huge work on check all the code (my code for railing is 10.000 line)
- on archicad if I download a single object of a library it does not bring with him the images or macro, if I call them in the gdl using a variable (I suppose this is the reason, I need to check).
I hope bim component will became more versatile. I'd like to have an instantly upload of the object on the web site to check already by myself if everything is ok, otherwise download it egain; you could make visible it only for the uploader then after your check you make it visible for everyone; you could also make them visible for everyone and add a checkbox: "verified by graphisoft". It should mean not wait sometime one week or more. One week on the web is an eternity, and it is demeaning for us developer.

Thank you for your work

Mario
MacBook M1 Max 64GB- OS X 12.2.1 - Archicad 27
https://www.archiradar.it/en/
13 REPLIES 13
Hmooslechner
Rockstar
I share mainly the same problems with Bimcomponents. A week before easter - i uploadet my stairobject but till now i never got the Mail that its set free on Bimcomponents like before. It lastet alwas about two weeks to get the information but now its much too long.

Graphisoft - please make an intelligent solution for us!
AC5.5-AC27EduAut, PC-Win10, MacbookAirM1, MacbookM1Max, Win-I7+Nvidia
Hmooslechner
Rockstar
i think, they have to few personel recources to run the service smoothly. Now- Archicad19 is coming. The chance to get more resources on Bimcomponents is not rising with this circumstance..

They should make it function automatic in all cases - controlled by the developer itself.

No question - the redaction work has to be done -but in the meantime - the parts could be set free anyway!!

Maybe a 2-step-protocol would solve the problem..
Mario Sacco
Expert
I agree H.
I hope they are planning a more powerful bimcomponents, it should be also more integrated with BIM objects portal such us BIMobject, NBS library, bimotore and so on.
I think now it's time for manufacturers to update their library with their BIM object, non only dwg. They now need revit and Archicad version. It means a more integration if outsource developer Archicad GDL with the GS strategy.
GS should outside GDL developer to create smart object for manufacturers more powerful, easy to use and compatible with old and new version of Archicad. The template already exist, but there should be more; I'd like to have a little manual with few rules to follow on writing the code and interfaces to make the new GDL objects more similar to the Archicad standard.
In 2016 the BIM will be used more in governance building. It means the manufacture will prefer to use BIM manufacture objects and less Archicad standard objects.
With BIM manufacturer object there will be a huge quantity of other informations that in the Archicad standard object there never won't be.

There is lot to say on this issue.
Hmooslechner
Rockstar
My last parts where set free on Bimcomponents these days. I uploadet them before Easter!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry to bump into this thread but: is anybody else having problems with the search tool being broken in bimcomponents.com? I can't search both with mozilla and iexplorer... I get this fancy error (see image attached)

I have tried before and after login... any one else?

Regards,
2015-05-15 19_07_27-Lo sentimos. Se ha producido un error….jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having the same problem.
Mario Sacco
Expert
I have the same problem.
Hmooslechner
Rockstar
the same for me..
Goodness, looks like I won't be attempting to upload to bimcomponents anytime soon. I'm kinda a sloppy/lazy coder. Getting better but sounds like this is a nightmare