cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Beam complex structure variable

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

I'm trying to automate labeling a steel structure made of different IPE, HEB and HEA profiles. I've imported those profiles using "Import Standard steel Profile" function in Archicad and used them to build up my structure made of beams and columns elements. Now I would like to use "Label Elements" and a custom made "Label Everything" label downloaded from the depository: http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/object_depository_browse.php?browse=Depository/01%20General/Cust...#

So to get it working I need the name of the variable of the complex structure name...
I really can't find it anywhere...
I tried "gs_complex_structure" and similar but it didn't work.

Thanks for help
4 REPLIES 4
Ben Cohen
Advocate
Hi

Try using 'ac_beam_profile_name'. This needs to be a text type parameter that you create in the label parameters.

Here is a link to how these parameters work and the full list of available parameters

http://www.graphisoft.com/ftp/techsupport/documentation/developer_docs/BasicLibraryDoc/14/LibDevGuid...
Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
Archicad (Latest Version) aus
www.4DLibrary.com.au
Anonymous
Not applicable
It doesn't work.

What I do is in the "Label Everything" label I choose :
Method: Select element
Choose element type: Object
Line 1: ANY parameter
Any parameter from object: ac_beam_profile_name

This plots no result.

If I choose in the label the "Choose element type : BEAM" I have the list of available beam parameters but there is no such thing as "beam profile name" or similar.

It must be possible to do such a thing as in the schedules I can plot this parameter without any problem as it is available in the standard parameters of the beam as a "Cut Fill Type / Composite / Profile "...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe using the "Label Everything " label is not a good idea ... any sugestions on how to make such a label ?
I've made a workaround using the ID and standard "ID Label" but I feel this is not the way it should be done. What I would like to get is more less this:
Brad Elliott
Booster
Did anyone ever figure out how to do this? There is to much opportunity for error when you have to manually set the ID.
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro