cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. License Manager Tool update is required on Windows. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

CEILING HEIGHT MARKER - ? HOW TO BEST DEFINE ONE?

rob2218
Enthusiast
HERE'S WHAT WE HAVE.
we need to 'define' a custom "Elevation height tag" for our ceiling.

How best to do the following?
(see attached JPG).
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
4 REPLIES 4
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Have you taken a look at James Murray's Label object?

I tweaked it to do what I needed for suspended ceilings and passed it onto James and I think James updated his version in the GDL Depository any problems and can email you the version I have

JM's here archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/object_depository.php?mode=d&id=312
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there, a copy of what you are using would be helpful. I downloaded this, but have no clue how to use it.
fuzzytnth3 wrote:
Have you taken a look at James Murray's Label object?

I tweaked it to do what I needed for suspended ceilings and passed it onto James and I think James updated his version in the GDL Depository any problems and can email you the version I have

JM's here archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/object_depository.php?mode=d&id=312
fuzzytnth3
Booster
To use James's version just load it into one of your custom Library, assuming you have one if not make one.

For example our office we load three libraries for each Project the ArchiCAD 14 Library, a Project specific Library and we have our own Custom Library.

As the object is a Label object once you have loaded the correct Library the Object will be available via the Label tool. Select say a slab or wall and tick the Label Element in the ID tab. In the 2d plan window select the label and click on the pop up menu where it says "Text" and from the list use the Slab Elev JM10 label. Once selected you can then choose various option in the Label to say if you want to display a level to the soffit or top of the slab/wall.

My version of the object here...

dl.dropbox.com/u/399074/sites/trapdoor/Slab%20Elev%20JM10.gsm.zip
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
haymont
Booster
I'm using James' Slab Elev Label but I'm trying to work out a way to have the dimension set in millimetres for an RCP. From what I can see it relates to the spot level dimension settings in the Project Preferences. However if i want to have a ceiling level dimension say 3000mm any other site spot levels that are referencing sea level heights in metres also change in that view. Is there a way to have both options at once?
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core 4.60 GHz | 32 GB RAM |M.2 500GB + M.2 1TB | 2x Dell 27” | WIN 10 Home 64
NVidia GeForce RTX 3060 12GB (Studio Driver)
Archicad 24 | 25 (Since v12)