Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Change object material

Anonymous
Not applicable
I made an object out of columns and slabs. And I was able to change materials of the slabs but on the columns it only changed the material on the top and bottom not the side. I replaced "Stone Granite , rough" with
NewTAble_A like I did with the slab. I tried to replace ALL the "Stone Granite , rough" but that gave me errors.

Thank You for any help

Brian Sojka

Table Leg Code 3.png
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Brian,
When you say "I tried to replace ALL the "Stone Granite , rough"
do you mean you used the "find and replace" command in the
text editor ? The text editor is unreliable and you have to
try various ways to get it to work and sometimes you just
have to highlight and paste.
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter wrote:
Brian,
When you say "I tried to replace ALL the "Stone Granite , rough"
do you mean you used the "find and replace" command in the
text editor ? The text editor is unreliable and you have to
try various ways to get it to work and sometimes you just
have to highlight and paste.
Peter Devlin
Peter

I did not use the "find and replace" I did highlight and paste the first 3 "Stone Granite , rough" and changed them to NewTAble_2 in the line with sprisim_{2}. That seems to just change the top and bottom of the column Then I highlight and paste all the ones in the red box and got that error. The next warning says Parameter expression error or unnecessary end comma at line 116in 3D script of file New Table.gsm.
Are the ones in the red box the ones that control the side of the column?

Thank you for your help

Brian Sojka
Anonymous
Not applicable
BAS wrote:
I did not use the "find and replace" I did highlight and paste the first 3 "Stone Granite , rough" and changed them to NewTAble_2 in the line with sprisim_{2}. That seems to just change the top and bottom of the column Then I highlight and paste all the ones in the red box and got that error. The next warning says Parameter expression error or unnecessary end comma at line 116in 3D script of file New Table.gsm.
This is a bit of a quirk in the GDL. The first three parameters can accept either string or integer (index) values so there you can replace a material name with a parameter (which value is an integer) without error. The fix is simple. Instead of replacing just the material name you need to replace the entire ind(material, "Stone-Granite, rough") with your new parameter.
Are the ones in the red box the ones that control the side of the column?
Yes. This is specific to the sPrism_{2}. These set the materials for each of the vertical faces. Since you seem to want all the materials to match you can also change this to just an sPrism_ and delete all the node by node material definitions (and bottom angle parameters). Of course you could also trim it down to just a Prism_, lose the material and angle parameters altogether, and just use a MATERIALS statement.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Matthew,
What is sPrism_ ? I have never heard of it.
I did a search in the AC 10 GDL manual and did not find it.
Is it a new command in AC 11 ?
Thanks,
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter,

Yes, it's new in 11. Looks like it's related to the complex profiles since it shares their ability to have different materials on each face.

Edit: I should have said it is new in AC10.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Matthew,
Thanks for the information. I don't have AC 11 yet.
I wonder what the difference between sPrism_{2}
and sPrism_ could be because sPrism_{2} is used
for complex profiles in AC 10 for the same reason,
different materials for each face as well as having
a custom angle for the base polygon.
Thanks,
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter,

My mistake. I guess I didn't read your post closely enough. There is no sPrism_. That was just an error in the formatting (forgot the slash to end bold text). And I didn't mean to say that it was new in AC11 since it came out with the complex profiles in 10. Sorry for the confusion - I am usually more careful to avoid typos.

BTW: I have corrected the previous posts.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
This is a bit of a quirk in the GDL. The first three parameters can accept either string or integer (index) values so there you can replace a material name with a parameter (which value is an integer) without error. The fix is simple. Instead of replacing just the material name you need to replace the entire ind(material, "Stone-Granite, rough") with your new parameter.
Thank you Matthew
I was able to do this method.

Yes. This is specific to the sPrism_{2}. These set the materials for each of the vertical faces. Since you seem to want all the materials to match you can also change this to just an sPrism_ and delete all the node by node material definitions (and bottom angle parameters). Of course you could also trim it down to just a Prism_, lose the material and angle parameters altogether, and just use a MATERIALS statement.
I will have to study more to get this one. I was following the Step by Step Guide, It said to follow the same steps as changing the slab material. I guess they just forgot a little bit.

Brian