Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Complex Profile Manager to offset outer brick skin from top & bottom levels

mthd
Mentor

Hi, It seems that the Complex Profile Manager is certainly complex when you only want to offset an external brick skin from top and bottom.

John from Contrabim makes it look fairly straight forward but I am having trouble setting the vertical  offset directions correctly.

His excellent video tutorial link is posted below.

https://youtu.be/WP9AZeLSJVI

I probably just need more practice but it’s definitely not that simple ?

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura
2 REPLIES 2
DGSketcher
Legend

Wait until you get to horizontal offsets...

It all works, it just doesn't seem to work as expected some times.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Yeah that’s exactly it lol.

It wants to go horizontal instead of vertical at times and then it wants to go the other way. It’s quite indecisive so they may need to look at it to fine tune it so that it is much easier to set the directions.

Even John above in his video points out that it doesn’t always get the desired results the first time.

More for the to do list I guess ?

Edit: I would change the skin widths in the composite wall dialogue for ease. I wonder if the idea in the roadmap of editing things on the skins level will make a difference to being able to adjust the height wall of skins ? This is sorely needed and I hope we will see it as early as AC27.

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura