BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Copying elements between two different plans in AC24 on Mac

mthd
Ace

Hi there, I am trying to copy a window element from one plan into another plan using AC24 with Mac. (I have two projects open with AC24). When I perform the copy and try to paste into the other plan the copy clipboard is empty ?

I remember doing this very move with my windows machine using AC24 a few months ago but why it’s not working now with Mac has go me stumped.

Anybody know what steps I am missing ?

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura
11 REPLIES 11

Correct Barry I missed that

You could embed the other file as an external drawing and trace ref from there, but it’s convoluted

Tim Ball

AC26, iMac

User since V5
mthd
Ace

Thanks that’s another good tip for me to remember from an experienced user.

The initial problem I had stems back to the creation of fence from the CI tools around my project. This plan file for some strange reason stopped producing the 3D view Instantly after a slight edit of the fence parameters. I left it for hours but it still wouldn’t produce, fed up I installed more memory on my PC, still not producing. Bought a Mac and I was able to get the 3D to produce after some work arounds.

In order to keep my workflow going I deleted the fence and created a separate plan file. Then I tried to copy just the fence from the old plan file back into my updated plan file but once again I encountered the same problem with the 3D view not producing instantly. I wanted to bring my plan with the fence included up to the latest version of the plan and that’s how I ended up with two different plan files.

BTW I needed a new computer anyway because my PC was 12 years old and it certainly made things much better for me overall. Not having to wait 7min on PC for just my plan to load in AC, after the memory increase it got down to 3.5min. On the Mac less than 30 seconds. I could make that time less by purging my old template.

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura
Learn and get certified!