Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Corrugated polycarbonate?

KeesW
Advocate
I need a bronze tinted corrugated polycarbonate roof. I've tried using tinted glass but can't get the corrugations. Any suggestions?
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
If you want actual corrugations in your model (be careful as this will add a lot of polygons) then you will need a library part such as 'Profiled Sheet' (that should be in the Archicad library or is in BIM Components).

Or you could use a complex profiled beam on an incline but I would go for the object.

For my working drawings I just use a flat roof with a hatch attached to the surface material to represent the corrugations.
That way you can have the transparency if you need it and still see the corrugation lines from the hatch (see attached image).

You won't see the hatching in 3D OpenGL views but you can add a JPG image of a corrugated sheet (see image next post).

From version 18 you can create surfaces that have displacement so you can have a flat roof surface that renders in Cinerender with a corrugated effect so it looks quite real and can be transparent.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Barry Kelly
And the Open GL view.

Barry.
transparent_roof.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10