Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Created my own railing panels and toprails, but it is not visible in the plan view.

Contributor

Could anyone suggest a solution or workaround to make this railing visible in the plan view? I used the railing tool to create a wall, slabs as railing panels and toprails. While it looks fine in 3D view, the railing is not visible in the plan view. 0000.PNG000.PNG00.PNG0.PNG 

Operating system used: Windows ARCHICAD 24

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
cuba
Advocate

The railing does not contain a 2d projection of the 3d model. 

2d Coding is possible but it is easier to custom make a line based on the top view and use this line in 2d symbol of the toprail.

In this way, the 2d and 3d models will never match one hundred per cent.
However, with the curtainwall tool or with param-o, it is possible to achieve a matching 2d and 3d representation.

Apple M1 Max 32 GB Ventura
AC27

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
aarkell
Enthusiast

Do you have rail posts and inner rails turned on under the railing options in your Model View Options? That may be one area to check. Also, if you go to the "custom settings" for the inner post, under "2d representation" does it give you an option for post display type?

aarkell_0-1711125602164.png

Andrew Arkell

AC 18-27 USA 4060
HP Z6 G4 Workstation | Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6226R CPU @ 2.90GHz | Windows 10

The rail posts and inner rails have been enabled, but I am unable to see the option for choosing the display type in the "custom settings" for the inner post. I have to mention that this issue is only occurring with the railing panels and toprails that were created by me, while the others work perfectly fine.

00000.PNG

You could try opening up one of the default railing objects and copying the 2D code into yours.

If you select the railing and push control shift o, then it will open all of the objects in the railing

Contributor

Where can I find this 2D code?

Solution
cuba
Advocate

The railing does not contain a 2d projection of the 3d model. 

2d Coding is possible but it is easier to custom make a line based on the top view and use this line in 2d symbol of the toprail.

In this way, the 2d and 3d models will never match one hundred per cent.
However, with the curtainwall tool or with param-o, it is possible to achieve a matching 2d and 3d representation.

Apple M1 Max 32 GB Ventura
AC27

The railing tool doesn't project the 3d, but you can copy paste a few things from the other railing components and be able to have the same options as the standard railing objects for 2d views.

The line work option is definitely the easiest though 

Contributor

Thank you, it works!

Setup info provided by author