Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Custimizing doors so they will schedule the same

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can any on help me with a little GDL script? We are trying to use a third party door library called fastdoors that works well and can be made to schedule correctly based on zones, but I still need to be able to use the occasional ArchiCAD 10 doors. Can someone help me figure out how to add a parameter to the GDL script for the D1 entrance door that would allow me to control width & height through the use of a variable for leafhgt & leafwth? I would like it to function similar to the gs_typ_size variable in that if they are set to a value other than 0 they will overwrite the A & B variable.

Thank
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
The A and B parameters are a bit tricky to fool around with as they have a privileged place in the doors and windows (particularly the A parameter in relation to the 2D wall opening). There are ways to fiddle it of course.

It is difficult to advise you without more specifics. In general you can use the PARAMETERS statement to force the A & B values to whatever you want. And that can be within an IF...ENDIF condition such as:
IF gs_typ_size > 0 THEN PARAMETERS A = gs_typ_size
You probably already know that the parameter names have to match for the elements to schedule together.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply.

I think I figured out the how to get the height and width to read out with the correct parameters so that I can get them to schedule the same as other doors that we are using (Fastdoor4). I'm still struggling with seeing if there is a way to get them to provide the correct zone number in the schedule for conditions such as out swinging exterior doors and doors that swing in to corridors. Do you know if anyone has found a solution to this other than just manually entering the room numbers into the door id and not scheduling the zone ?
Anonymous
Not applicable
B wrote:
Do you know if anyone has found a solution to this other than just manually entering the room numbers into the door id and not scheduling the zone ?
There is a trick of adding a dynamic hotspot to switch the door between the two rooms, but it is a bit of a kludgy workaround. Unfortunately there is an execution order problem which prevents reading the results of the Zone Relations request function into a parameter - thus making it useless for door schedules.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew, it's an old post but relevant to a recent query of mine.
Are you saying the 'Request ("Zone_relations", ...' will not work within any door object?

It certainly would explain why for love nor money i can not get it to work... four years later.