Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Custom Components

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to make a custom door panel. I know how to do it, but when I go to save it, File->Librairies and Objects->Save Selection as Library Part.......I do not have the Save Selection As Library Part option. Its not in my drop down list. I reloaded the libary but its still not there. Am I missing something here? Have searched the forums but no luck. Help!

Thanks
14 REPLIES 14
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
I give....

Tried to SAVE SELECTION as OBJECT.... convert to DOOR PANEL (LEAF)...

Refresh BIM LIBRARIES...

I can see the panel as an OBJECT in the BimLIBRARY... I can select it and see AC16 believes it's a DOOR PANEL...

But will NOT show up in the CUSTOM DOOR PANEL pick list...

You know, this happened before... only it WAS in the pick list.... Then, out of no where, I noticed that elevations / 3d were showing the doors as MISSING (meaning they rendered as an empty hole with a frame)....

Bug perhaps? Or am I just out of luck and should push my project back to PLN....
LeafInLibrary.jpg
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
The other screenshot showing it's not there in the CUSTOM LEAF PICKER...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Pet Peeve #444

Don't know if any of you can corroborate this, but opening and working on objects in TEAMWORK file slows down to 1/10 or worse the operating speed of a PLN file...

I should mention that the LEAF is available in the PLAN file version... my tactic has been to create a PLAN file for OBJECT EDITING... link to libraries that are the ROOT of the BimServer Library.... Make all changes there, then REFRESH the BimSERVER libraries just to avoid this slowdown..

Please, someone back me up here???!!!!!! or suggest an alternate method of creating parts to be used in all my projects....
Duane

Visual Frontiers

rocorona
Booster
vfrontiers wrote:
I have three projects that need the same door panel (which, btw, should be a STANDARD OPTION / High and Low Louvers).....

Why can I NOT save to my LINKED library? Am I the only one who feels this way? (wouldn't be the first time!)...
I totally agree.
You have to go to the Library manager, select the door panel object, save (export) it to the linked library folder, delete the object from the embedded library, reload the linked one, and voila... just a few dozen click more than needed

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
vfrontiers wrote:
Pet Peeve #444

Don't know if any of you can corroborate this, but opening and working on objects in TEAMWORK file slows down to 1/10 or worse the operating speed of a PLN file...

I should mention that the LEAF is available in the PLAN file version... my tactic has been to create a PLAN file for OBJECT EDITING... link to libraries that are the ROOT of the BimServer Library.... Make all changes there, then REFRESH the BimSERVER libraries just to avoid this slowdown..

Please, someone back me up here???!!!!!! or suggest an alternate method of creating parts to be used in all my projects....
Totally have the same experience. For me, I will just modify the part and save into the "embedded library". Then later on will export out to the hard drive, then refresh the bim server library.
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9