BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Custom GDL objects for FREE

Anonymous
Not applicable
Each month Master Script will make a customized ArchiCAD object completely free of charge! You can send in your request and each month one of them will be developed by Master Script.
The ArchiCAD object will be available on the website http://www.masterscript.nl and it will be posted on the Object-Depository of Archi-Talk.

Send your request via the contact form (http://www.masterscript.nl/9403/index.html). State clearly what the object should do and how the representation should be in different views.
Leave your e-mail address for any communications about the object.
102 REPLIES 102
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have uploaded a new object 'Label Everything'. You can download it here.

It has some really nice features for displaying information from elements in your project, see pdf below, increasing the BIM-value of the project.

I invite you all to post your wishes for your very own Custom GDL objects for FREEhere.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I noticed a small glitch in the Label Everything, so I updated the object in the Object Depository.

I think I have to emphasize that the Label Everything extracts almost every property from an element automatically, just by attaching the label. You don't have to type manually the text, you cán, but the label does it automatically. And for a little contribution I will customize the object for you.

At the end of the month I will update the railing object. In the meantime you can still post your wish for next months' Custom GDL objects for FREE here or send an e-mail via the Label Everything user interface or via a private message.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd prefer to have 4 simple hotspots in the 8 vertices of the object to control the length of the object. A shipping container is only produced with standard dimensions.
The best shipping capacity is 40ft that.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The container has multiple hotspots because the sides can be turned off. With these hotspots you place walls and other stuff on the right place.
I will consider though, if I can make your wish to be an option.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Everybody,

I have finished updating the railing object, it will be updated shortly (having difficulties uploading the files).

For the month February I have chosen to create the object requested by Dennis Lee.
He requested a label with multiple leaderlines. Pretty much as requested
here and here. He also send in an image as below.

So this will be the features:
-multiple leaderlines (up to 10 or more?)
-leaderlines on the left and right (optional)
-multiline text
-arrow options as in the label itself

So Dennis, am I missing something?
Dennis Lee
Booster
Thanks for taking on this object. The only thing I'd like to add would be the option to align the start of the arrow to the vertical center of the first line of text for a left arrow, and the vertical center of the last line of text for a right arrow.
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Railing object is updated, download here.
Anonymous
Not applicable
@Master Script
Great job , particularly useful custom parameters in object parameters settings.
I've tried with some custom handrails & balusters (pic. below) and I'm interested how to add some material parameters for those custom components(objects).
Yes, I saw those bottom lines in object parameters: "If you use custom component assign correct materials"; I guess it's because the file is saved binary so can't change the source file.

Best regards.

Anonymous
Not applicable
[edit: I noticed the object needs a tiny update for this to work, this will follow shortly].
[edit2: it is updated]

Hi floradesign,

Nice to see somebody using my object! You can control the material by changing some thing in your custom component. You will need to have little GDL knowledge.

Open your custom component and create a new material-parameter named "Materiaal_Strip". Then replace all material references in the 3D Script to this new parameter, see image below. Save the object and then you can control the material of the baluster within the railing object.

For the Handrail create parameter Materiaal_Handrail, for the Post create material Materiaal_Baluster and for the Baluster create Materiaal_Strip.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Dennis,

your request for the Custom GDL objects for FREE is finished, I have uploaded it here.

Please let me now what you think, so it suits your needs.
Learn and get certified!