cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. License Manager Tool update is required on Windows. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Custom Window Panel Placement (AC9)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Talkers,
I am attempting to use a Custom Panel as the Sash Style of the W Gliding2 window in the AC9 library. The custom panels are not "lining-up" properly?
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Other Minor Problem is the gap between the panels.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is the same window NOT using a Custom Panel for the Sash Style. Panels ar placed properly and there is no gap.
Window Non Custom Panel.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable
Last request with this post.

I may mostly be asking for third party suggestions like Cadimage Door & Window Builder.

I am looking to have a "Sill" above the Top Window trim piece (Header). Also I want this sill as well as the header to extend past the side trim.

I also need the exterior Sill (or Stool) to have a Side overhang (extend past the Side trim).

Thanks for any help. Can D&W Builder do this?
Erika Epstein
Booster
Jay,
It looks like you might have saved the custom panel as a window instead of an object.
re the gap between panels:
If you created 2 panels and saved them as one custom panel, check the gap between them.
If you scripted the panels then check the math of the y or z offset.

HTH
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jay,

It looks like you have saved the custom panel with the wrong origin. I am not familiar with this particular window, but it is probably expecting either a lower left or center origin for the panel. Since the sashes are offset by half their width I assume that yours have the other setting than is expected. As Erika suggests you can control this (without editing the GDL) by saving the panel as a window (center origin) or a library part (lower left origin).

The thickness of the panel should be handled automatically but perhaps this doesn't work for this window. It should work if the sash thickness in the window settings dialog matches that of your custom sash.

Are you using the SE library? It is quite improved over the original AC9 library (though it has some frustrating quirks). If so you should be able to get most of the casing details the way you want them - with the exception of the cap on top of the head casing.

You may indeed want to take a look at Door & Window Builder. It is quite complex (as are doors and windows themselves) but it can probably do everything you want. I haven't used it much myself but a lot of people swear by it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Saving the "Panel" viewing it like elevation view and saving it as an object did the trick. the origin does not seem to matter AFAICT.

ALso when I was saving the "panel" as a window the origin also do not seem top matter, I tried the edge and the center of the window.

This almost gets me there..... I am looking to input from the users of Door & Window builder, for confirmation that they can do a window with the trim as I would like.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Jay,
Smart Parts

http://www.ddgi.com

will allow you to do the trim as you want with the exception of the upper sill extending past the side trim. With its ease of use, I would take a look at it. I've used it for years.

In a situation such as yours, if its just one home, I would either add a slab/wall piece for the upper sill, or add to the script a piece.

Nothing agains D&W builder, just another option.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I decided to attempt using the AC9 SE Library. ANd again after getting the object working ar least on plan and 3D window the Sections produce Errors that really slow down productivity. AC 9 SE was a half-backed attempt at a new library and was only really a "Beta" for AC10.

Aside from the error the window is almost there... only missing the Cap over the header trim piece.
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
Jay,
D&W Builder will allow you to do most of what you want. Under Exterior trims/Head Moulding-Exterior trims/Sill. Just no 2x sill at the top. That must be added manually (small wall or slab).

Steve
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6