cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Custom panels parameters don't work

Erika Epstein
Booster
I made a version of my multi-panel door to call as a custom panel. I used A and B etc and changed parameter names to match those in graphisoft's doors. I wanted users to be able to change, for example, the bottom rail height. Unfortunately changing them in the settings box has no affect on the custom panel.
What am I doing wrong?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you checked that the specific parameter are in the call command for the custom panels? I haven't looked at AC11 objects on how they are build, but in AC10 there are doors that only sends parameter A and B to the custom panel.
I have a feeling you're out of luck here. The door calls the "Collection", and the only params are A, B, ZZYZX, and the name of the panel object. The collection calls the custom panel itself, and the only params are A, B, and ZZYZX.

The trouble is, the add-on writes the collection macro based on what custom panels are available in the loaded libraries. I assume it does this from scratch every time the libraries load. You could in theory add code to the collection macro, but I expect it would get written over on reload.

I think you would have to save a copy of the door and write your own panel call into it.
James Murray

Archicad 27 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Anonymous
Not applicable
As James M said, make a copy of the macro and objekt where you add some parameters manually. I've done this in AC10. But everytime you make a new custom panel, you have to add this to your own object manually ofcause. I don't remembere exactly, but I think there is at least 2, maybe 3 files you have to edit to make it work. But only one file after that when you add a new custom panel.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Thanks for your replies. Disappointing that it doesn't work as I thought it would. Or should.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"