Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Customize sliding doors

Camila_BGA
Participant

I need to model a Sliding door of 6 panels, one fixed and 5 sliders. Can you advise how  to increase the amount of sliders for the element "Sliding door 25" (Archicad Library 25)? I tried to rise the amount, but the max the software will allow me is 4 panels, one fixed and 3 sliders.

Thanks!

Operating system used: Windows 11

2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly

You will probably find most 6 panel sliding doors have 2 fixed panels (one each side) and 2 panels slide in each direction.

That will give you 3 tracks in the frame.

4 panels, one fixed and 3 sliders will mean 4 tracks in the frame, and it is now starting to get very wide, so I am not surprised that is the limit in the object.

Do you actually have a manufacturer that can produce a sliding door with 6 tracks (1 fixed and five sliding to the same side)?

I can't say I have ever seen one, but that is not to say one can't be made.

I think you have come to the limit of the default Archicad sliding door.

You might need to create your own object with something like the Library Part Maker add-on (unless you are good ad GDL coding).

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Ricardo Heim
Booster

It would be great if they update the door objects to have louvres and various sliding panels, with one or none fixed. Those doors are very very common in Brazil, the multiple panels are more common in high income clients, but the louvre doors are coomon in every tipology of projects!

Setup info provided by author