BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

D Marker 21 Polygon Shape rotation problem

davidstonearchicad21
Contributor
I'm trying to create a simple door marker in a HL module that displays the Hotlink and Element ID of the intra unit doors with an oval marker polygon shape that is perpendicular to the door. I can achieve 90% of that. The last 10% is frustrating. The oval will not rotate with the text, results below.

Can this be easily fixed with a couple lines of GDL or does anyone know of a marker/label that can be as the list below:
  • oval polygon shape
  • perpendicular to the door
  • reads the hotlink and element ID (bonus: can include custom/auto text so that we can have D.#HotlinkID.#ElementID without spaces; we want to avoid naming the Master ID of modules using D.001. as the nomenclature, 001 being Unit/Room number)

these questions are a bit ranty.. apologies for the tone but I have spent too much time messing with labels.

[1]why can't we use auto text with labels eg the property label in the custom text box (need hotlink and element ID) ?
[2]why can't the auto text frame be selected from a drop down like some of the other labels eg oval ?
[3]why are the three lines of the property label automatically separated by a space ?
[4]why aren't there more text lines of the property label ?
AC24

2 x Xeon E5-2667 v2 (16c/32t @ 3.3-4.0 GHz)

64Gb RAM(ECC) Quad channel 1333Ghz (next upgrade 1866Ghz)

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb

500Gb 840PRO SSD, 3 TB HDD (next upgrade PCIe NVMe SSD)
2 REPLIES 2
davidstonearchicad21
Contributor
This is also what happens when i select horizontal on the text. The polygon does not follow the rotation
AC24

2 x Xeon E5-2667 v2 (16c/32t @ 3.3-4.0 GHz)

64Gb RAM(ECC) Quad channel 1333Ghz (next upgrade 1866Ghz)

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb

500Gb 840PRO SSD, 3 TB HDD (next upgrade PCIe NVMe SSD)
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello davidstonearchicad21,

Though there is no way to achieve this with the Built-in Door/Window Markers, you can get quite close with Labels, or even create your own custom Label through GDL coding that does exactly what you are looking for.

I have attached a picture of 2 ways I could achieve a similar result:
- On the left I used a simple Autotext Label with the Hotlink and Element ID displayed, and added a textbox frame on it. This can be aligned, placed and customized quite easily, but it can only have rectangular frames.
- On the right I used a Property Label. For this Label you can select the same Values and it can also have an oval frame, but it's a bit harder to align it properly (because it is meant to have a handle and a bubble).

In both cases you have to set the alignment to custom and the angle to 90° (relative), but in ARCHICAD 22 you also have the option to make them Perpendicular automatically. I hope you can get along with these options.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Learn and get certified!