cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Tracking and coordinates are off by a little while modelling a Morph

alexliz23
Enthusiast

Anyone noticing baffling behavior when working with a Rotated Grid and trying to work accurately? Here's the problem I am facing currently:

My project has 3 main buildings, which are not built on exactly the same grid; there is a very slight angle of rotation for each one of them. So, I have set views for each, with the Grid rotated in such a way as to have them horizontally/vertically orientated on my screen. Sounds simple enough.

I am currently trying to create a Morph, while in the rotated grid for one of them. I have added auxiliary (temporary) lines to aid me for accuracy etc. I keep finding the co-ordinates reporting (slightly) off dimensions, though. And I can't see where the error is introduced.

Here are my mouse constraint settings screenshots, as well as a short video of my process. I rotate the grid, to make the slightly out-of-vertical line precisely vertical. Then I proceed to build a Morph at 45° from the bottom-left corner. Whether I use Orthogonal or Rotated Grid, I keep getting a different wrong result - look at the 45° blue guide line and the coordinate box reporting wrong dimensions (ie X and Y are not equal).

Any tips will be so welcome!

image.png

Input Constraints and Guides.png

Archicad 27 macOS Sonoma
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
alexliz23
Enthusiast

UPDATE - SOLVED

Turns out that the construction method for building the Morph clings to the authentic, original, non-skewed grid. So, if I select that method (ie 3rd from left) it *always* follows the original horizontal and vertical alignment, ignoring any rotated grid etc.

Screenshot 2024-07-15 at 11.17.01.png

Not sure if this is my bad or if Archicad could be clearer with how it does things. At any rate, moving on.

Archicad 27 macOS Sonoma

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
alexliz23
Enthusiast

UPDATE - SOLVED

Turns out that the construction method for building the Morph clings to the authentic, original, non-skewed grid. So, if I select that method (ie 3rd from left) it *always* follows the original horizontal and vertical alignment, ignoring any rotated grid etc.

Screenshot 2024-07-15 at 11.17.01.png

Not sure if this is my bad or if Archicad could be clearer with how it does things. At any rate, moving on.

Archicad 27 macOS Sonoma