Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Door Label

Hi!

I'm trying to create a door label. I'm having trouble determining the label origin and direction behavior. It seems to there isn't enough global parameters to define the door direction in the label script. We have left, right, reference side relation, wall direction, mirroring and the possibility of flipping the door.
I have tried a number of Globals (see attached image) but they don't do the trick. Any ideas?
I'm working primarily to label the basic door so there might be a parameter to call from it that might help.
Any help would be appreciated!

door-label.JPG
Andreas Åkerlund, Arkitekt SAR
Arkitekthuset Jönköping AB
ArchiCAD 5 to 25
Windows 10 64 bit
Intel i9 7920x @ 2.9 GHz, 64 GB RAM
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
It is possible. I have done it for door tags that were parallel to the open door leaf. It is quite tricky though as I recall and I don't remember the details well enough to say much more at the moment.

What I found handy for sorting it out was to make a circle of 16 copies of doors with the markers, then mirror copies of them to the right. This gives you 32 instances which include examples of every mirror/rotation condition. The patterns of failure are also handy clues for what's wrong in the code. Once your code works in all cases you are done.
It's good to know that it's possible at least. Then it's only a question wether it's possible with my level of gdl-scripting
I have already worked in a similar trial and error way with all the different placement variables, but thanks anyway for the suggestion. What I'm missing is more globals or suchlike to be able to differentiate the placements.
I you remember anything more how you managed it the last time please let me know. In the meantime I'll keep trying.
ArchiCAD 5 to 25
Windows 10 64 bit
I recently picked up work again on the door label. With the four globals that are shown in the Picture I can distinguish all the different cases. But sadly I still lack a solution for the shift that occur if the wall is mirrored after the label is placed. If I compare with the behavior of Graphisofts own labels it seems the problem is generic and therefor without solution? Any thoughts on this?
ArchiCAD 5 to 25
Windows 10 64 bit