Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Door materials not showing

Scott Bulmer
Booster
Greetings, I am stumped. In the attached image you can see that all the door materials appear as the same white opaque material however they are specified differently in the door settings dialog box, including transparent glass. This is true for many of the glazed doors. Is there a new setting or something I have missed in AC19? Thank you, Scott

Screen Shot 2016-04-07 at 6.12.13 PM.png
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
8 REPLIES 8
Barry Kelly
Maybe you do not have your objects set to use object surfaces?

Barry.
use_object_surfaces.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Check renovation filter overrides. Is the door assigned the correct status?
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Stuart - door is existing & renovation filter set to show, no overrides.
Barry - your screenshot is from AC18 windows. AC19 does not have that setting. The closet setting I can find has no effect. See how preview shows door all greyed out.
Windows behave correctly, doors not. I have also tried New & Reset All, no go. Doors used to work. Thank you for review and comments. Scott

UPDATE: Doors work correctly in a brand new file from brand new template. Something is wrong with the file.
Screen Shot 2016-04-08 at 5.32.04 AM.png
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Scott wrote:
Barry - your screenshot is from AC18 windows. AC19 does not have that setting. The closet setting I can find has no effect. See how preview shows door all greyed out.
That panel is hidden. Go to Work Environment > Tool Schemes > Tool Settings Dialog Boxes > Door Tool > Model and make it visible.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Barry, that's it! In all my years I have never had to force reveal that setting. Why it would go hidden is mind boggling. Thank you so much!!! Scott
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I just noticed that the 'model' panel was turned off for all my object/window/door/etc tools too. I think it was turned off by default in the ArchiCAD19 work environment. I allways recreate my work environment on new releases, rather than import old one, so that I have all the new functions/options on menus/toolbars/etc.

I knew about these 'layers' for the infobox, didn't know it existed for the tool schemes too.

Learning and learning all the time
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
OBERMEYER
Booster
Working on our AC24 template, this thread is still very relevant four years on. Just burned through two hours testing all settings before I found David's solution. Thank you!
Andrew Obermeyer | Architect

OBERMEYER Architecture

www.obermeyer.la

AC 26 Mac M1
Anonymous
Not applicable
I faced the same problem as I was trying to build a A24 template from a file migrated from an earlier version.

You can also go to Options>Work Environment>Info Box, select "Door Tool", and check that "Surface" is visible.
Then in your Door Selection Settings dialogue box, under Model, uncheck Override Surfaces.