BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Double pitched skylight

enjoystick1
Booster

Hi community! My first post here 🙂

Does anyone have experience with double pitched roof windows/skylight? I did not manage to solve within the built-in library and it is hard to find any bim object online, as these come mainly as rfa. Is there any workaround I am missing or is it just hand modelling here?

Thanks 

Petrglaze vision 2.png

11 REPLIES 11

@enjoystick1 You need to create an independent single plane horizontal (0 degree) roof and associate the roof light to that piece of roof to make it work.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

You could also create the Skylight using the Curtain Wall tool. You could cut a Section through the Roof where the Skylight should be, and then you could place a Curtain Wall in the Section, in which case the Curtain Wall will be composed of two segments and will be extending perpendicularly to the section plane.

Using the Curtain Wall for this has the advantage that you can define a pattern for it so it remains parametric. Plus you can set different profiles or sizes to its various boundary and frame segments.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!