Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Downside of Renaming Elements with every new version of ArchiCAD

KCSFCA
Participant

As someone who has been using & updating ArchiCAD for 23 years - THE major & extremely time consuming issues for offices with each upgrade is:

-- We lose our custom tool palettes & along with that - their orientation on the screen.  They have to be very laboriously redesigned every time

-- Anything that can be modeled in 3D gets renamed '27' when it used to be '26' (and poor me... '7').  Because of that - in your existing projects - you lose every piece of furniture, every window, every door, every water heater... & have to go through scores of new settings to get them back.  I'm 3 days into this already.  I have to fix the elements on at least 10 open projects.  When any past client returns for a new project - I'll have to do it in their files as well.

These are both issues I've been complaining about to Graphisoft for DECADES.  I'm so old I'm in the 2002 Marten / Peters book - 'ArchiCAD'.

When you add features - why can't you just keep the name of the piece & add the features so it updates without erasing years of someone else's work?

I'm replacing furniture items that are the same exact piece of furniture they have been for decades. The only change is the name - to '27'

Operating system used: Mac Intel-based

0 REPLIES 0

Setup info provided by author