Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Duplicate Library Item - Door Leaf

Lingwisyer
Guru
Hi all,

I have an issue with my Door Panel Collection becoming blank when I open a file in which I have duplicated a Custom Door Panel.

The door panel is one that I have scripted to allow for various parameter modifications.

I have not been able to replicate the issue with a door panel that has been built with slabs, etc, then save out as a door panel...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
24 REPLIES 24
Lingwisyer
Guru
Whelp... I have run into this problem again when updating the custom door panel to a newer version, but this time the GUID and COL parameters are already empty... Zzz...

Ling.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a the same issue. No matter how hard I try to save a custom door leaf, it just won't appear in my project. I can do it in a new, empty PLN without a problem. I am in teamwork and have server manager role.

Even, if I transfer the door leaf as an embedded object, it won't appear.

Actually, I noticed that when I save as.. door leaf in the teamwork file, the subtype is not set as doorleaf, but model element. I changed that, but it still won't show up. I can't figure out why this wouldn't work...

Any more ideas?

AC22 5009
Lingwisyer
Guru
Peter wrote:
I have a the same issue. No matter how hard I try to save a custom door leaf, it just won't appear in my project. I can do it in a new, empty PLN without a problem. I am in teamwork and have server manager role.

Peter, the issue here is that the Door Panel Collection is becoming blank. Is that what is happening for you, or is it just the one you are saving that is not showing up?

Ling.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

When I select Custom Door Leaf from the list, none of the loaded custom Door Leafs show up whether they were created by me or imported from another file.

Peter
Bruce
Expert
I've had this issue persisting - couldn't figure out why. But I've fixed it in two files now (haven't tried the biggest one yet) - thanks to this thread.

Key things:
1. Get rid of duplicate door leafs
2. Go through every custom leaf, and make sure the parameters "coll_guid" and "coll_name" are empty, and save the part.
3. Reload libraries (and maybe reload file...but shouldn't be necessary).

If the problem is still there, then check the custom leafs again.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC26 5002 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb