Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Fill error in Line 440 of casement_a.gsm

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I'm currently experiencing a particular error when I'm placing WINDOWS in my lay-out view. When I place a window (any it seems) and then generate a elevation view OR axonometric view, archicad returns an error that states the "Fill not found at line 440 in the 3D script of file Casement_a.gsm."

Anyone who knows how to solve this issue? It's kind of impossible not to have any window in my building in order to generate elevation views....

Kind regards,

Peter de Ruijter
The Netherlands
6 REPLIES 6
vistasp
Advisor
Hello Peter,

To help you better, people on this forum require some basic information which you can conveniently insert into your signature so it's visible every time you post a message:
  • 1. AC Version
    2. Operating System
    3. Hardware
Apparently, a particular cover fill that the window object is calling up doesn't exist in the library you've loaded. Are these windows from AC's built-in library or from some other source?

Also, does the problem still occur if you change the cover fills in your object parameters? (In case you're from and AutoCAD background, a fill is like a hatch pattern)
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Anonymous
Not applicable
hi, sure. I work with AC11 (just reintalled yesterday as I thought that might be the problem), on OS X 10.5 (Leopard), with a Macbook laptop.

I'll try playing around with the fills a bit more, but I tried this yesterday and it didn't make the error go away.

Thanks.

Peter -
Anonymous
Not applicable
the window objects are from AC's standard library. I'm not using anything fancy, just a standard window. Funny thing is that I don't have this issue with for instance Doors.

Peter -
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I may have found a solution to this issue.

In the Window Default Settings Window, in the Parameters section I found under the 2D Representation Settings that there was a MISSING Fill Type for the "Sash Fill Type". I changed this from MISSING to 65 (Empty...) and this seems to solve the issue. After changing this setting the aconometrie and eleveation views open with no errors.

Thanks!

Peter -
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having a similar problem. I've looked through various messages asking about this issue with standard Archicad library objects, but haven't found any of the suggested solutions to work.

I am using the Archicad 11 student version on a Mac Powerbook G4, but had the same problem before I upgraded from Archicad 10 EDU.

The specific line at which the fill error occurs varies from object to object. What is consistent is that in the object default settings dialogue, under parameters/3D representation, some of the fills are identified as (MISSING). When I try to change the fill, the error messages still pop up.

In version 10, SOMETIMES (but not always) I could make the problem go away by changing to a different fill. However, now that I am using 11, when I try to change the fill, the only available alternatives are: % 100; marker fill; Empty_Fill-International; and Standing Seam. None of these make the errors go away.

Obviously if I could solve this by changing the fills object by object, I would be happy. But best would be if there was some way to fix all of the library objects at once.

Is this a problem that others have solved?

Thanks...
Djordje
Ace
You somehow deleted all the fills.

Start a new, blank, default file. Save it. Merge it into your file. The fills will be there.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen