Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

GDL Object Depository

Tibor Szolnoki
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
[Note from Moderator - June 14, 2013:
Dear Talkers,
With ArchiCAD 16 came https://bimcomponents.com, the new object site for ArchiCAD. It has become the main distribution center for objects for the ArchiCAD community. It works with ArchiCAD versions 16 and later.
The GDL Object Depository is still functioning for those using earlier ArchiCAD versions. Those versions do not work with Bimcomponents.com as they don't contain the necessary user interface and code for its integration.
The GDL Depository will continue to be located at
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/object_depository.php.
The only change is that there is no longer a direct link to it from the main page of the ArchiCAD-Talk Forum. Otherwise it is working as before]

Original post follows:

Dear Archi-Talkers,

I’m glad to announce that the GDL Object Depository is now open:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/object_depository.php

This website provides a forum for Archicad users who want to exchange free GDL objects and texture libraries. GDL Object Depository has two purposes:

Free object download

Free GDL objects, libraries and textures are available for download from an easy-to-understand folder hierarchy for all registered members of the Archicad-Talk forum. As a starter GDL object Depository contains all the GDL libraries that were previously released on the GDL Central website. Note that you have to accept the download agreement before you can start downloading.

Free object upload

Registered users of the Archicad-Talk forum are enabled to contribute to the content of this depository and share their free GDL objects and textures with other Archicad users. For each uploaded element the owner has to provide basic information such as the title, the version and the language of the library. Furthermore a short description and a preview image can be added to every object.

Please post your comments and requests regarding the GDL Object depository functions and features in this thread.

Note: Since the complete content of GDL Central is now available from the Object Depository we decided to close the GDL Central website by the end of June.

Best regards,
Tibor Szolnoki

Product Manager
ArchiCAD Product Management
54 REPLIES 54
Anonymous
Not applicable
fuzzytnth3 wrote:
..... useful palettes such as a Quicklayers that doesn't disappear!
Now that would be nice!
lec
Anonymous
Not applicable
it would be nice if the whole thing was updated 😉
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
fuzzytnth3 wrote:
Any chance someone with influence can update the Depository to include AC14 in the version pop up menu when submitting stuff to the Deository?

Hasn't been updated since AC12 btw

I've just uploaded a Work Environment for AC14 which includes shortcuts for intersect, fillet and perp/parallel and some other useful palettes such as a Quicklayers that doesn't disappear!
Check it now.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
arqperalta
Contributor
In AC 14, how can I get library parts like keynote and Revision Indicators, Drawing Titles and others missing from library 12 without uploading the hole library?
I have the migration libraries uploaded.
Thanks
Carlos J. Peralta

a r c h i t e c t

Peru - USA

AC 4.55 - 26

Asus i9, 64Gb Ram, Windows 11, 4Gb graphs
Anonymous
Not applicable
arqperalta wrote:
In AC 14, how can I get library parts like keynote and Revision Indicators, Drawing Titles and others missing from library 12 without uploading the hole library?
I have the migration libraries uploaded.
Thanks
1. Open AC12, Load library 12, then EXTRACT (from the Library Manager) the whole library 12 into an empty folder on disk
2. Open AC14 and LOAD (with the Library Manager) from that folder "keynote and Revision Indicators, Drawing Titles and others missing objects from library 12" into the Embeded Library
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys
Thanks for the GDL depository, its quite helpful. Now, I need help; I'm doing a building within a city and I want to know if I can get ready made high-rise city blocks in GDL format to place in the background as a backdrop (city scape) for my render. I have searched through the depository, but failed to get any.
Thanks!
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
There may not be such elements in the Depository.
In ArchiCAD you can find Basic Shapes from which you may build and multiply these relatively fast.
They are in the ArchiCAD Library 16\1. BASIC LIBRARY\1.5 Special Constructions\Basic Shapes folder when you are in the Object Settings Dialog.

Also, if you use AC16, you can use the Morph Tool to quickly create any basic shape.
Anonymous
Not applicable
joshuaoj wrote:
Hi guys
Thanks for the GDL depository, its quite helpful. Now, I need help; I'm doing a building within a city and I want to know if I can get ready made high-rise city blocks in GDL format to place in the background as a backdrop (city scape) for my render. I have searched through the depository, but failed to get any.
Thanks!
Random City object may help: http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=42990
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I created a while ago an object called "Tiles with variable colours" which is quite useful. Recently I saw that you can find the object in the BIMcomponents, which is great, but it's a very outdated version, may be the first one I uploaded. Since then I made some changes, which make it much better, and the latest version is in the depository (July/2011) but I don't know how to change the object in the BIMcomponents.
Do you have a clue how to update library parts uploaded there?
Objects from BIMcomponents are shown in the library search in ArchiCAD and it will be much better if the latest best version is there.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I might be wrong but I think if you upload the same object with the same GUID then itwill replace the old version.
This of course means that you never saved the object under a new name because in such a case the GUID is automatically changed by ArchiCAD to another value.

Or, you can name it v2.0 and upload that way. When people search for it, they will probably find both versions and choose the latest one as that is usually the most up-to-date.