Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Get the Modular Joinery object!

Thomas Holm
Booster
I'd just like to push this http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=135321#135321
a little more.

Ralph Wessel has created a hugely flexible window/door/panel/storefront/curtain wall GDL object, called Modular Joinery. It was commissioned by Graphisoft U K and is distributed to their Archicad subscribers, and for similar purpose to other distributors.

I've been using it for a week or so now, and I find it extraordinarily good, and something I've been wishing to have for a long time. Not only is the object itself working very well, it also has a new, simple yet very creative and useful UI (user interface), and also comes with a 22-page user manual!

If you have an Archicad subscription, immediately ask your distributor to supply you with this GDL object, and if he/she doesn't have it, to get it from Graphisoft U.K.!

I'd also like to send my sincere thanks to Graphisoft U K who've had the wit to engage one of the most distinguished GDL programmers for this task, and to share it with the user community this way. And of course, to Ralph!

modularjoinery_688.jpg
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
145 REPLIES 145
Anonymous
Not applicable
MJO downloads and works fine now embedded into my 16 library.
However when I exported the Modular door.gsm out to my standard office library so I don't have to download it to each new file, there is a preview error, although it works fine otherwise.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Update:
Seems I had to also load Modular Door/Window parts.
Now previews show correct in pln that did not have MJO directly downloaded to:-)

P.S.
Thanks Levente for getting my subscription fixed/listed so I could download MJO-16.
Looks like a few others could use some help also.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, you need those as well because those folders contain the macros of the object with the same name.
This is good to know whenever objects are saved from the Embedded Library to a folder on you hard drive.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
lec1212 wrote:
Thanks Levente for getting my subscription fixed/listed so I could download MJO-16.
Looks like a few others could use some help also.
Levente has contacted those guys and fixed it for them.
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
lec1212 wrote:
Seems I had to also load Modular Door/Window parts.
It's a bit worrying that all the MJO images, macros, etc are all duplicated for doors and windows - it will probably cause a library loading complaint about duplicates every time. It could also cause problems when you add your own joinery presets to the lists of standard configurations. If the Library Manager chooses to load one list on a particular day and then the duplicated list on another, custom configurations will seem to disappear.

Because the object is variously a door and a window and a panel (or any combination thereof), the components used by both the door and window tools are shared (and shouldn't be duplicated). I also noticed some of the images are missing, so some of the menus and illustrations won't work properly. Is there a process for reporting problems in BIMComponents?
Ralph Wessel BArch
Software Engineer Speckle Systems
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think problems related to the BIMComponent Portal need to be reported the same way as other issues.
aahatimo
Newcomer
i now have the modular door object, thanks!
but now the modular window does not show up as an option.
are there more parts of the mjo?
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]
Eduardo Rolon
Ralph wrote:
It's a bit worrying that all the MJO images, macros, etc are all duplicated for doors and windows - it will probably cause a library loading complaint about duplicates every time. …
It does.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Barry Kelly
ejrolon wrote:
Ralph wrote:
It's a bit worrying that all the MJO images, macros, etc are all duplicated for doors and windows - it will probably cause a library loading complaint about duplicates every time. …
It does.
I believe the latest hotfix is supposed to address the problem of duplicate macros when you download separate objects from BIMcomponents that use the same macros.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Barry Kelly
aahatimo wrote:
i now have the modular door object, thanks!
but now the modular window does not show up as an option.
are there more parts of the mjo?
You will need to download the Modular Window object as well through the Window tool.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11