Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Getting elements list from an object

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone!

I finally managed to create the object you can see in the image. I mean the panels that cover the walls of the building.

This cladding is composed by panels and substructure. My question is: Is it possible to get a list or quantify how many elements of each type are there (panels/aluminium profiles...)? The goal is to make it easy to get a budget of the cladding system.

Thanks!!

panels.jpg
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Joseba,
if i don't have a structured database in my library i like to code the "property script" and my best friend in "component......".
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Ilder!

Let's see if I can achieve it
fuzzytnth3
Booster
You can use Scheduling to list particular parameters from the object. Below is an example from a Car Parking Space object I made.

AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Anonymous
Not applicable
Got it! Thanks fuzzytnth3! I think I can manage this way.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi again,

I have tried to use the Scheduling to see how many panels are there in my model, and it doesn't show what I am looking for.

In the script I have defined the "number of panels" parameter as "vert_panels * horz_panels". When I use the script it works (I've used PRINT to see it), but the object shows it with the default value, the same as the one in the Schedule. Is there any way to make it show the values I am looking for?

fuzzytnth3
Booster
Does the number of panels parameter "count' the total number of horizontal and vertical panels? As your screenshot seems to be showing that it isn't working

The other way would be to schedule each of your parameters ie add "vert Panel" and "Horz panel" that way you would get the number of each
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, the script is supposed to multiply the number of horizontal panels with the number of vertical ones to get the total amount, but this value is not changing in the schedule nor in the object tool panel, as you can see in the last picture.

I am not very familiar with this program, and maybe it is impossible to do it, but it seems that the parameters values don't change in the object tool panel, even if they are affected in the script.

On the other hand I could count the vert and horizontal ones, but is there any way to create a extra column where this values are multiplied? I want to make it automatic for other people
fuzzytnth3
Booster
On the other hand I could count the vert and horizontal ones, but is there any way to create a extra column where this values are multiplied? I want to make it automatic for other people
No need as the Schedule will do the totals for you
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Anonymous
Not applicable
well, the horz_panels parameter counts the amount of columns the cladding has, and the vert_panels one, the rows. So to get the total amount, I would need to multiply them.