Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Hidden parameter

Bruce
Advisor
I am writing a simple (ish) library part that I am using in an element schedule.

It is a rectangular panel that can be open to 0°, 45° or 90°. When open to 45 or 90, the panel is lined front and back. When it is at 0, it is only lined on one side.

I have created a parameter called lined_back (Lined both sides) as a boolean, which is meant to turn on or off depending on the opening angle chosen.

Two problems:
1. As a boolean, when I try to change the value in either the Master Script, Parameter Script or 3D script, I get a "unititialized variable" error (strangely enough, only in the ELSE portion of my IF statement). I can get around this by defining it as text, and changing from "yes" to "no". Clumsy, but it works - I would rather use a boolean.

2. I don't want the user to change this value, so I have hidden it. Problem is, if it's hidden, you can't list it in a schedule.

Ideas anyone?
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
7 REPLIES 7
Bruce
Advisor
To add to the previous post: I can use the LOCK command to grey it out...but I still can't change the value of the parameter by code (can't figure out why).

I've tried it in the Master, Parameter, Interface & 3D scripts - no luck. And if I can't change the parameter value, it won't change in the schedule.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you changed the value and THEN set the Parameter Value?

lined_back = 0

PARAMETERS lined_back=lined_back

If you just set the PARAMETERS value, The parameter value changes, but it doesn't change the value for the rest of the scripts. It would take another run through all the scripts for the vaule to change.
Bruce
Advisor
Champion - that's it!

Thanks muchly.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

If you hide the parameter with command
hideparameter it is available in the
schedule and not visible to the user.
(So do not use the hiding check box).

Hope this helps.
Jochen Suehlo
Advisor
Point 2:
I don't know If it works, but try r´this:

IF GLOB_CONTEXT # 6 THEN HIDEPARAMETER "lined_back"

6 is the context of list generation.
Jochen Suehlo . AC12-27 . MAC OSX 14.4 . WIN11
GDL object creation: b-prisma.de
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I think it is not mandatory - hideparameter
does not hide parameters in schedules,
only the hiding check box does.
Bruce
Advisor
More excellent tips - thank you very much!
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --