cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

How would you build this window?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm modelling a historic building and there are several windows like this that need to be modeled. I've tried using all sorts of combinations of casing/reveals/wall inset/niche to no avail.

The closest I have come I will put in a following post, but some guidance here is much appreciated!

If it's not possible to model the shutters, that is OK, but getting the reveal/sill/wall thickness right is the priority..

window.jpg
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is as far as \I have been able to get modelling the window using the window tool.
Capture.JPG
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I would probably turn off Trims/Casing and model those using the Slab/Shell/Morph tool.
Probably Morph would be the fastest and most versatile for the task.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
David Maudlin
Rockstar
jswims:

Another approach is to place a Door opening for the main opening in the Wall, then place a thinner Wall in that opening that hosts the Window.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14