cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

In the downloaded BIM object, surfaces change from the original or go missing

amitchristian
Enthusiast

Please review the attached two screenshots. The first screenshot shows that the download object has all surfaces changed to the incorrect surface, "Door Frame." The second screenshot displays the web page with the original surfaces as seen in the image.

Below is the link from where I downloaded the component:

https://bimcomponents.com/GSM/Details/16006 

Please let me know if any solution to this problem.

Operating system used: Windows 10

BIM Object Surface Issue_Chnaged.pngBIM Object Surface Issue_Original.png
6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly

It is not the 'wrong' surface material.

it is just the surface materials in your file have different attribute numbers to those that the object was set up for (ideally it should be set up for the default Graphisoft template).

If I drag it into my template, then you can see the trunk and earth are paint materials.

And you can see the outline is a yellow pen because of my non-standard pen set.

BarryKelly_0-1723100605119.png

I am assuming yours are all changing to door frame material because you do not even have the actual attributes used, so it is just defaulting to the first one it finds.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Also the script is password protected, so you can't even change the defaults and re-save the object.

You can set up a favourite though that uses the materials, pens etc., that you want as default.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Thanks Barry,

When I place the downloaded object in my customized template, shouldn’t it have at least four different surfaces? I don’t understand why all four surfaces are the same. My customized template is updated using the default ArchiCAD template as base, so the same index number from the default template should show the same surfaces in my custom template too.

I was trying to open the object to see what surface attributes it uses.

But it is password protected, so I can't.

I can tell you that if I load it into the default AUS template it is trying to use surface attributes 76 (paint forest green), 67 (paint golden beige), 74 (paint yellow ochre) and 18 (paint titanium white).

So if you don't have those attribute numbers for your surfaces (you can see them in the Attribute manager), that would be why it is substituting for the door surface material.

BarryKelly_0-1723102651917.png

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

When i place this plant object in default template, it takes 4 different surfaces:

amitchristian_0-1723102988622.png

These surfaces are index number 70-Paint - Pale Jade, 100-Paint - Pale Blue, 32-Paint - Bordeaux & 18-Paint - Titanium White.

I have confirmed that I have the same surfaces with the same index numbers in my customized template. However, when I place the BIM object in my customized template, all four surfaces change to a surface with the index number 374 - Door Frame Outside Finish.

I’m trying to figure out why this is happening.

@amitchristian wrote:

I’m trying to figure out why this is happening.

You have got me beat.

Without being able to open the object script it is hard to say what they are supposed to be.

I am not sure why they would change if you have the same attribute index numbers.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Setup info provided by author