Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Is the save selection as command missing in ArchiCAD 16?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to create an object from the 3D window but cannot seem to find the save selection as command under the File-Libraries and Objects window? This is something I have done many times and find it rather perplexing.
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
This is with the "Standard Profile 16" Work Environment set.
Barry.
save_selection_2.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Barry. I usually create my own work environmental set which in ArchiCAD 15 includes the save selection as command as a given not something that I have to search for and add!!!. I have changed to the standard one and seen that it is there. Not sure why it disappears when I use my own? See attached screed shot. Will investigate. I am using a mac.
Screen Shot 2012-09-19 at 11.55.10 AM.png
Barry Kelly
I believe they have changed the command and the old on no longer works.
So if you have the old one in your Work Environment it won't be seen in the menu.
You need to update your old WE with the new command.

The "Save Selection As..." is a menu and the new commands are object, door, window and drawing title.

Barry.
save_selection_3.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the tipoff Barry. I should point out (since I just made this mistake) that the new commands are actually:

Object...
Door...
Window...
Drawing Title...

Since these look very similar to the commands without the ellipsis. Subtle change in appearance but significantly different effect.