Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Loading furniture into project

Ronarc
Participant

Hi, new to Archicad, I found the furniture through the library manager, pick the object I want to duplicate into the embedded library and click OK to all that but when I go back into my furniture folder in my project, the added objects aren't there. Where do I find them so I can place them? How do I get more objects in my furniture folder where atm I only got 4 objects that were there when I first started the drawing

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

@Ronarc 

If you have the 'Archicad library 27' loaded (as can be seen in your images), you do not need to add any of those objects to your Embedded Library.

The only time you need them in your Embedded Library, is if you are going to unload the 'Archicad library 27'.

Which is not a wise thing to do as is is default with every installation of Archicad.

So no matter what machine you open the file on, the objects will be there in that library.

Just use the objects with the object tool and browse directly from the Archicad 27 Library.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
cuba
Expert

Open the library manager, look for your element, right klik on it and move the file to 'furniture folder' folder:

move to.png

It is possible to download furniture objects  from a website and drag&drop them into archicad to put them into the embedded library.

It is also possible to search by name in the object default settings (chair tool) in the search bar and download them:

download.png

Apple M1 Max 32 GB Ventura
AC27

Thanks for your reply,

when I find an object that I want to bring into my project and right click on it,

I only have 3 options "Duplicate", "Export to..." or "info"

when I choose "Duplicate" I can't find the path into my current project, so I put it into the embedded library but , I can't find the embedded library when I go to the object tool 

Screenshot 2023-12-30 at 5.08.46 pm.png

cuba
Expert

The lcf library is a container, you can only duplicate. 

You can find the embedded library if you press libraries project on top.

libs.png

Apple M1 Max 32 GB Ventura
AC27

Screenshot 2023-12-30 at 8.36.23 pm.png

Screenshot 2023-12-30 at 8.37.07 pm.png

I can see "Libraries in Project" which contains Embedded Library, Archicad Library 27 and MEP Library when I'm in the Libraries Manager, but I can't find them in the drawing command list (the chair - object tool)

When I go through Object tool I can see folders Ceiling, Interior Office, Interior Residential, MEP, Roofs, Site, but in the Interior Residential folder there are only the 4 objects that were there to begin with that I didn't put in there

Solution

@Ronarc 

If you have the 'Archicad library 27' loaded (as can be seen in your images), you do not need to add any of those objects to your Embedded Library.

The only time you need them in your Embedded Library, is if you are going to unload the 'Archicad library 27'.

Which is not a wise thing to do as is is default with every installation of Archicad.

So no matter what machine you open the file on, the objects will be there in that library.

Just use the objects with the object tool and browse directly from the Archicad 27 Library.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thanks @cuba @Barry Kelly for previous replies.

I finally resolved it! I kept going to the object tool by the little arrow and couldn't get into the library.  I happened to double click the chair symbol and it opened up the whole library so I can now place items from it in my file. Thanks again 🙂

Ron