Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

MSA connectors - Bolt and nut symbols.

Anonymous
Not applicable
It seems that there is no way to resize the msa bolt head and nut objects. Does anyone know why, have a fix, or know where to find a decent bolt object.

Thanks, Matt
10 REPLIES 10
Karl Ottenstein
M wrote:
It seems that there is no way to resize the msa bolt head and nut objects. Does anyone know why, have a fix, or know where to find a decent bolt object.
I assume you are on version 8.1 or earlier, since these parts have been called DET and not MSA from 9.0 onwards? (Always post your AC version - editing your signature under the Profile link at the top of the screen is the easiest way.)

You must be looking at AB_HeadElev and AB_Nut_Elev. There is line missing (bug) from the 2D scripts for these parts that prevents them from being resizeable.

In the DET_AB_Nut_Elev 11 part, insert the following line at the top of the 2D Script:
mul2 a/(1 1/4"), b/(0 7/8")
In the DET_AB_Head_Elev 11 part, insert:
mul2 a/(1 1/4"), b/(0 5/8")
Save each part with a new name in your company library until GS releases an updated 11 library - if they see this post and make these changes. 😉

This line just says to scale the part relative to the default A (width) and B (height) values for it.

Cheers,
Karl

PS Most of these DET objects are just saved 2D symbols, so you can open the object, edit the 2D symbol, and save with a new name. Or, you can explode them into primitives with the explode command and edit them further in plan/section/worksheet/etc.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
This may be "a decent bolt object".
I made this object a long time ago
and find it more useful than the MSA parts.
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks alot, I'll try both of your suggestions. I have version 10 - the library is called DET but the object says MSA in front of it's name.

Matt
Karl Ottenstein
M wrote:
Thanks alot, I'll try both of your suggestions. I have version 10 - the library is called DET but the object says MSA in front of it's name.
You're welcome... but something is amiss if you see MSA in front of any Detailer Library 10 part names. The current version of the ArchiCAD Library 10 (US) has DET in front of all of these, not MSA. Sounds like you have an old library or PLA loaded...

If you switch the Object Settings dialog to "Find library parts" mode, and type in MSA for the keyword with "contain keyword" as the mode, nothing at all should be found in the released AC 10 US library. Entering DET should result in a ton of things...including bidets 😉

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Rakela Raul
Participant
This may be "a decent bolt object".
I made this object a long time ago
and find it more useful than the MSA parts.
Peter Devlin
nice bolt gsm Peter, thanku vmuch
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
This seems to have been fixed in the AC11 Library Update:
# 65857 - Nuts and bolts detailer resizing problem
...along with some other bugs that have been around for a while...
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Raul,
Thank you. It is interesting that this object has been downloaded
42 times and you are the only one who has commented on it.
Thanks,
Peter Devlin
Frank Beister
Advisor
@Peter
I was one of the 42 and in the quick overview I liked it too.
bim author since 1994 | bim manager since 2018 | author of selfGDL.de | openGDL | skewed archicad user hall of fame | author of bim-all-doors.gsm
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Frank.
I am pleased you like it.
Peter Devlin

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!