cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Mass information for schedule from IFC import

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have imported an IFC model containing steel structural beams & columns of a project into ArchiCAD. The model contains property information for the steel types i.e. 254 x 102 UB 22. The IFC information however does not contain any mass information. Because the project is using standard sizes it's easy to calculate the overall mass, just mass kg per metre x the overall length of the beams/ columns etc.

I would like to know if there is a way to insert the mass per metre (22kg/m) into the imported IFC beams / columns and then add the overall mass information to the ArchiCAD schedule for costing?

I have been able to do this before with ArchiCAD's default object UB's & UC's before, but I have no idea how to do it for imported IFC's. Is there any form of GDL scripting that could potentially achieve this or something simpler?

I'm currently using ArchiCAD 21.
0 REPLIES 0