cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Model View Options help needed.

JGoode
Expert
Hello,
I have a 2D object which contains image fills. The issue I am having is that certain model view options cause the fills to turn off. How do I get my object to ignore the model view options? There is never an instance where I do not want the fills of the object to show.
Thanks very much.
ArchiCAD 23

Windows 10
8 REPLIES 8
Barry Kelly
You can't adjust the object to ignore MVO.
You need to make sure that all your MVO combinations are "Stored As..." to update themselves with the correct fill options selected.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
JGoode
Expert
Barry wrote:
You can't adjust the object to ignore MVO.
You need to make sure that all your MVO combinations are "Stored As..." to update themselves with the correct fill options selected.

Barry.
How do the doors work when you can set them to ignore the MVO? The issue is that there are instances when the object is used when all of the fills are overridden in the MVO's and therefore the fill will not appear correctly.
ArchiCAD 23

Windows 10
Barry Kelly
Sorry I was thinking of the fill options in MVO which are now Graphic Override options.

Can you show me a screen shot of the option in the MVO that turns the image fills on or off?

If it is a GDL object option in the MVO settings then it is possible to add a Boolean parameter in the object to allow it to use the MVO settings or not.
You need to stop the object from looking at the Library Global parameters.

I have to go now but can come back later with some more info.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
JGoode
Expert
Barry wrote:
Sorry I was thinking of the fill options in MVO which are now Graphic Override options.

Can you show me a screen shot of the option in the MVO that turns the image fills on or off?

If it is a GDL object option in the MVO settings then it is possible to add a Boolean parameter in the object to allow it to use the MVO settings or not.
You need to stop the object from looking at the Library Global parameters.

I have to go now but can come back later with some more info.

Barry.
The options are in the Fill Display Override tab of the MVO settings. If they have all been overridden then the fill does not show.

Thanks
MVO example.jpg
ArchiCAD 23

Windows 10
Barry Kelly
Sorry I wasn't able to get back to you last night.
These fill settings are global for all elements and control the display of the fills.
I don't think it is possible to control or ignore these settings in GDL.

Anything in the 'Options for GDL Objects' can be controlled which is where you will find the options for doors and windows.

So your best option is to make sure these fill settings are set correctly for each of the MVO combinations you use.

Barry.
MVO_settings.jpg
Versions 6.5 to 27
JGoode
Expert
Barry wrote:
Sorry I wasn't able to get back to you last night.
These fill settings are global for all elements and control the display of the fills.
I don't think it is possible to control or ignore these settings in GDL.

Anything in the 'Options for GDL Objects' can be controlled which is where you will find the options for doors and windows.

So your best option is to make sure these fill settings are set correctly for each of the MVO combinations you use.

Barry.
Thanks for the help. So as far as you're aware, there would be no way to work around having all options overridden in the MVO's.
ArchiCAD 23

Windows 10
Barry Kelly
Some of the MVO settings can be detected in GDL but as far as I know not for the fill display.

As mentioned anything in the 'Options for GDL Objects' section is fair game and the display of door and window markers.
You can also detect if the RCP (reverse ceiling plan) is set or not.

You can look through the REQUEST section of the GDL manual but I don't think you will find anything (although it has been a while since I have gone through it in detail).

Barry.
MVO_settings_2.jpg
Versions 6.5 to 27
JGoode
Expert
Barry wrote:
Some of the MVO settings can be detected in GDL but as far as I know not for the fill display.

As mentioned anything in the 'Options for GDL Objects' section is fair game and the display of door and window markers.
You can also detect if the RCP (reverse ceiling plan) is set or not.

You can look through the REQUEST section of the GDL manual but I don't think you will find anything (although it has been a while since I have gone through it in detail).

Barry.
Thanks Barry. Nothing found in the GDL manual Sadly the 'Options for GDL Objects' is of no use to me with this issue. Seems strange not to be able to detect the MVO settings. Thanks again.
ArchiCAD 23

Windows 10