Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Piiroinen "virus"

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is anyone else having this problem? Every so often, AC loads about 50 or so PIIROINEN surfaces. I can delete them, but after using the program for about a week, they are all back! Is this coming from an object? A library? A list? A schedule? Can anyone help me get rid of this crap that seems to be embedding itself in my templates, projects, etc.??
13 REPLIES 13
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Go to the Library Manager and check you linked libraries and your embedded library for any file starting with "MASTER_GDL". These GDL script files are always executed when the library is loaded and may contain definitions of attributes, such as fills, line types, surfaces.
These may be the reason why these attributes keep coming back after deletion.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I understand and I agree. I have been deleting those files using the Library Manager MULTIPLE times!! This is most obvious and egregious on my Template File. I can have it complete cleaned out of all links, then about 1 week later, everything is back!!

Do you know what file contains the PIIROINEN surfaces? I'd completely remove that file/object/library from my entire system and server, but I can't find it using the search function on my computer.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
SmileyMan wrote:
Do you know what file contains the PIIROINEN surfaces? I'd completely remove that file/object/library from my entire system and server, but I can't find it using the search function on my computer.
Unfortunately no, I have never heard of them.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Ted Taylor
Contributor
https://bimcomponents.com/LCF/Details/911

Any chance you downloaded this in the past?
Ted Taylor
Atlanta, GA , USA
iMac (Retina 5K, 27", Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5 32GB
AMD Radeon R9 M395 2GB
OS10.14.2,
Latest Archicad 22
David Maudlin
Rockstar
SmileyMan:

To echo Ted's comment, look for Piiroinen Furniture Library.lcf in the Library Manger. I used this library on a project and in the Surface Settings dialog box and Attribute Manager they show with an italicized name indicating they are created by a GDL Object or macro.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
SmileyMan:

To echo Ted's comment, look for Piiroinen Furniture Library.lcf in the Library Manger. I used this library on a project and in the Surface Settings dialog box and Attribute Manager they show with an italicized name indicating they are created by a GDL Object or macro.

David
In the past?! Yes it is possible.... but I have no such file on my computer or any of my AC files anymore. How can I still be getting spammed? Are these surfaces imbedded in anything else?
David Maudlin
Rockstar
SmileyMan:

Once this library has been loaded, those Surfaces are added as attributes to the file (so will remain even after the library is removed). If a new project is started with the "Use Latest Project Settings" option, then these attributes will appear in the new file. So try deleting the Surfaces from your template file, and start new projects from this template file.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
SmileyMan:

Once this library has been loaded, those Surfaces are added as attributes to the file (so will remain even after the library is removed). If a new project is started with the "Use Latest Project Settings" option, then these attributes will appear in the new file. So try deleting the Surfaces from your template file, and start new projects from this template file.

David
David, as noted below, I've done this multiple times. As a matter of fact, I have been screwing around with this problem for over a year!!!! I will have everything "clean" with no issues, then after about a week or so I will open a file, and all these surfaces re-appear! There has GOT TO BE another file/object/linked library other than the PIIROINEN library file that has these surfaces inside them.

I do think the MASTER_GDL thing is extremely interesting! I need to read more about how some of these attributes are automatically created so I can be on the lookout....
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Check the hotlinked modules if they're not containing the attributes. Also check their embedded libraries.

As a side note / tip:
I've noticed quite a few of the nicer 3D furniture object libraries have this tendency to create their own attributes. For this reason I hotlink my normal model PLN to a separate 3D presentation PLN if I want to add a lot of furniture to make artist impressions. This keeps my 'technical' drawing file clean.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!