Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Preview and position panel

Tom Krowka
Booster
Any way to keep the position/preview panel and custom parameters open at the same time? Am referring to library parts.

Would like to make changes to parameters and see the change in the preview window at the same time. Right now, either one or the other can be open but not both.

Have tried different combos of controls in the work environment/dialogue & palettes settings but can't seem to do it.

Thanks.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
How big is your dialog box? I have preview, Parameters, Symbol styles, Floor plan and Section, Model and Listing and Labelling panels all open at once on a North point symbol object (27inch iMac). Can you stretch your dialog box to be longer?
Tom Krowka
Booster
How about with doors and windows? Still get the preview window open when trying to change parameters?
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep
Screen Shot 2014-12-09 at 11.06.18 AM.png
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Tom wrote:
How about with doors and windows? Still get the preview window open when trying to change parameters?
If stretching the dialog box to maximum height does not give you enough space to have both panes open at the same time (there are minimum sizes for each pane), then you can go to Work Environment > Tool Schemes > Tool Settings Dialog Boxes > Door Tool and hide one or more of the panes you don't use to create more available space. If that works, then save a new Tool Scheme with these changes. I had to hide a few panes for this to work on my 15" MacBook Pro screen.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14