cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Problem with container

Anonymous
Not applicable
Everything was working fine until I had my G5 tower stolen. So I had to reinstalled everything. I did have a back up so that was great. Now I'm on the 24" Imac with the latest operating system (Mac OSx 10.5.4) and I'm trying to create a container. I loaded all the libraries that I want, no problems. But as soon as I create a container out of the same list of libraries I just loaded, I get this error message. Does any one have any ideas what this mean ?

So I have to leave the list of libraries as individual ones. The container is supposed to be faster and that is why I'm trying to make one.

Picture 1.png
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
The details of your situation are a bit unclear to me, but what you are seeing appears to be a CADimage data file that thinks is open for read/write operations (perhaps it is, or perhaps it just hasn't been properly closed).

I don't bother with making container files since I don't find the speed difference to be significant. When I use the GS supplied and 3rd party libraries I leave them as intact containers just to ensure that they remain unchanged, but office standard and custom project libraries I just keep as loose parts.

If what you are trying to do is combine all your libraries into a single container I recommend against this. It will take more time and cause more trouble than the small speed improvements are worth.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mathew,

I was under the impress that if you have different libraries, that you should put them all into one container and only load that one item. I'm not sure I really see the speed difference either between loading 10 different libraries versus loading one container with those same libraries in it.

So you think that is a Cadimage issue ? I'll ask them about that. I do have the Cadimage Accessories Tool.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know if it is even an issue at all. The message does appear to be related to a CADimage data file but it is not clear to me that there is a problem.

Again, I recommend that you don't bother with making a single container file of all your libraries. I believe it is a waste of time and has the potential to cause problems in operations and maintenance.