Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Rotating in the X direction

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good Morning
I’m building objects using slabs/walls/mesh. After I’m done with the object I would go into the 3d projection setting and adjust the top view angles to match with my side view in part tricking ArchiCAD 10 into rotating the project about the X axis.
The rotate tool under the edit move command rotates the object about the Z-axis
I’m looking for a way to rotate the group originally in the xy direction about the X-axis to turn the top view into a side view.
Thanks.

Gate in XY direction.jpg
12 REPLIES 12
Dwight
Newcomer
Or investigate the complex profile used with the beam or wall tool to create a stepped auditorium floor since that angle is too great for a simple ramp approach.
Dwight Atkinson
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Jeff wrote:
The rotate tool under the edit move command rotates the object about the Z-axis. I’m looking for a way to rotate the group originally in the xy direction about the X-axis to turn the top view into a side view.
OBJECTiVE provides a tool specifically for this purpose. It can rotate a wide variety of objects about the axis you define, including standard GDL objects of your own making. You can also rotate in section/elevation windows. Take a look at http://www.encina.co.uk/objective.html
Ralph Wessel BArch
Software Engineer Speckle Systems
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
tdellaqu wrote:
I think I have a similar problem. I'm in elevation, and I'd like to rotate a floor slab for an auditorium space. Unfortunately, most of the move/reshape options are greyed out. I'm new, I'm sure there's a simple solution.
Whoops - I didn't notice this was the most recent query on this thread. You can turn your slab into a rotatable object in one step with OBJECTiVE's profiling tool. However, it sounds more like you need a roof in this case (as others have suggested).
Ralph Wessel BArch
Software Engineer Speckle Systems