cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

STAIR VISIBILITY

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, let's assume I have 1 storey house. On the ground floor I have stairs leading to 1st floor. Slab above stairs (on the 1st floor) is of course cut but in the plan view of the 1st floor I can't see stairs below. I go to stairs properties and select show one storey above and it shows on the 1st storey plan. THE problem is that given stairs are showed as if they're starting from the 1st storey (they're cut). Am I doing something wrong? I need it to be shown with no cutting lines.
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
You don't say what version of AC you are using and the USA library may be different from the INT or other localized version that you have...

But, look at the attached and see if you do not have a similar setting for your stairs to enable "Story Sensitive Symbol". You will then see the lower portion of the stairs on your ground floor and the upper portion on the first floor...depending on which of the many '2d symbol types' you have chosen, and if you have moved the break line hotspot for where the upper/lower portions are defined.
Screen Shot 2014-11-02 at 5.20.31 PM.png
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
You don't say what version of AC you are using and the USA library may be different from the INT or other localized version that you have...

But, look at the attached and see if you do not have a similar setting for your stairs to enable "Story Sensitive Symbol". You will then see the lower portion of the stairs on your ground floor and the upper portion on the first floor...depending on which of the many '2d symbol types' you have chosen, and if you have moved the break line hotspot for where the upper/lower portions are defined.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!! I'M USING VERSION 17 AND 18 AND IT WORKED LIKE CHARM !!
Karl Ottenstein
Happy to hear that solved things for you. Welcome to the forums.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
Happy to hear that solved things for you. Welcome to the forums.
Hi,

I have a similar problem. I'm using Ver 18. I have a "storey" for the ceiling between my ground and first floor. This is so I get a line on elevations and sections for the ceiling height. My stairs are showing on the ceiling storey (one directly above ground), but not on the upper floor (two storeys above).

The only way I can get it to show is to change the FLOOR PLAN DISPLAY to Show on All Storeys...

Cheers
Andrew

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!