Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

'Save Selection as Library Part' gone in AC16?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just upgraded to 16 from 15 and the 'Save selection as Library Part' function is gonzo? How to make simple library parts now? Need lattice fencing for deck skirting if anyone knows where to find that?
AJ
23 REPLIES 23
sarahric
Contributor
Thankyou. Command has been found
ArchiCAD 18/Windows 7/16GB Memory/i5 3.2GHz Processor/NVIDIA GeForce GT 610
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry et al,

There are a great many of us who do not use the WE in the default state. Thank goodness for the ability to modify the 'out of the box' setup and customise where we want to find things. I do it for the sake of efficiency - why have menus within menus within menus..?

The 'Save selection as library part' command should have been easy enough to add to my WE with the upgrade to 16, simply by locating it under 'All menus in alphabetical order'. But - it is simply not there, or anywhere. David's suggestion of the submenu only adds very limited functionality (see screen shot) i.e: Many of us use the 4D library, of which numerous library part menu items are also attached to this simple little command. Without it, one cannot access them.

Unfortunately, toolbars and menus cannot be imported or exported. They are directly 'attached' to the Command Layout Schemes. I would happily use the default File menu if I could import it into my WE. That would solves this issue. But you can't...

So, it appears the ONLY way to have this File command available to you is to revert to the default Command Layout Schemes - meaning all of one's customised toolbars and menus are gone, or would have to be rebuilt (now who wants to do that..)

Unless I have to face an embarrassment of riches and this command IS to be located somewhere, I will happily gorge on humble pie. Otherwise, this is a MAJOR bug/flaw as anything new should be available!
rocorona
Booster
Now, that you have it there and working, it is easy enough to go to the Work Environment->Menus -> Current Menus structure and check to see what is the command that triggers the bottom part of the submenu.
Then you can find it, setting the list to "All commands by alphabetic order"

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
Robert,

Thank you for your comments. However, the image I attached is showing the default Command Layout Scheme - not my own.

The point I make is that I should be able to add this new menu command to my own menu - but the 'Save Selection as...' command is not available to you. It is simply not in 'All new commands in alphabetical order'.

Please see my attachment.
rocorona
Booster
Notice the triangle to the left (or "plus" sign, on Windows). It means that it is not a command but a submenu, now in 16.
If you scroll down to the "S" in alphabetic order, you will find it.

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
Robert, please.

I mean no disrespect, you are kind to help. BUT, you are missing the point entirely and clearly don't understand the issue. I have been using this program for over 10 years - I know where to find these items. Of course they are there in the default WE Look at this screen shot - it is my own menu, in my own WE. Why does this submenu not show up so that I CAN ADD IT TO MY OWN MENU.

GS Australia have now been made aware of this and it has been acknowledged.
Screen-Shot-2012-11-29-at-4.48.17-PM.png
rocorona
Booster
Ok. Then create it.
Create a submenu and put in there the commands (Object..., Door..., Window..., Drawing title..., No CC Subtypes) taking them from "All commands"

Sorry if my words sounded not perfectly "polite" or "on target", but I'm trying to be specific as my English is not good enough to tell things fluently

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
Robert,

You can create a new submenu, of course, but then the commands listed in the default are missing (MANCANTE!!) if you are using your own Command Layout Scheme. There is simply no way to add a command to your own menu if it is not there in the first place.

Thank you for trying to help Robert, but your comments do not help as you do not understand the problem. If you have imported your own command layout scheme, there is simply no way to add the 'save selection as...' submenu to your own file menu as it is missing from the list of commands. If you switch back to the default, it is there. If you use your own, it is missing. Simple as that.
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Brendan:

After you have created the sub-menu "Save Selection As..." (although it can have any name) where you want it in your menu structure, change the pop up in the middle section (Application commands and menus) from "All menus in alphabetical order" to "All commands in alphabetical order". Then go down this list and add the commands you want in the sub-menu (Object..., Door..., etc) one at a time (or you can use the Shift or Command keys to select multiple commands to add at once). If you click in the "All commands in alphabetical order" list then type the first few letters of the command you want to add, the selection will jump down this list to that spot for faster selection. I know this works, this is what I needed to do to add these new commands to my old Work Environment.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Matt Balaam
Advocate
Hi BJ,

I'm using the Australian version of AC16 and I have the "Save Selection as..." menu available in my custom work environment (see attached image).

Do you have the latest hotfix installed (Build 3270)?
AC24 (7000 AUS FULL)| Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i7-12700 @ 2.1GHz | 32GB RAM | NVidia T1000